DSOTM Crystal Clear Vinyl Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSOTM Crystal Clear Vinyl Box

Another year, another ginormous cash grab. That's just how the cookie crumbles, it seems. Sigh...

https://pinkfloyd.lnk.to/TDSOTMUVVinyl
    Attached Files
    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Not cheap, but I would love a copy but not at that price.

Comment

How "limited" is really "limited"?

And why is it split in just 2 records, and not in four 45RPM single-sided records with four UV etched artworks ? They could charge fans at least $350 for such set. And sell the poster separately for another $50 to make it an even better deal. Or make it a 10-record set with each containing a song, fans will surely still buy it, right?​
      Last edited by ruben77; 01-31-2024, 04:04 PM.

Comment

It’s pretty neat but I’ll hold out for them releasing a 1972 show …. one day … maybe, please!

Comment

So did they make a load more stuff for the 50th box that didn't go in? Didn't finish in time? Was getting too expensive they knew it would hardly sell?

Comment

I think I'm starting to understand what motivated Roger when he recorded his last year's version of DSOTM
            TBS14

Comment

I think it looks good. Not buying it at that price, but it’s a good design.

Comment

I can't wait for the 2025 holographic vinyl release of Dark Side of The Moon! Oh and can't forget the augmented reality release in 2026!

Like, really now Pink Floyd management? How the hell did this get approved by ANY of the surviving members?

Comment

Originally posted by gorilla1973 View Post
                  I can't wait for the 2025 holographic vinyl release of Dark Side of The Moon! Oh and can't forget the augmented reality release in 2026!

Like, really now Pink Floyd management? How the hell did this get approved by ANY of the surviving members?
                  Because Gilmour loves money. 🤣

Comment

Pre ordered it today.
                    Seriously, what kind of fan complains about a collectible release ? Nobody is making you buy it. Young, new fans might like it.
                    Last edited by RowdyNoMore; 01-31-2024, 11:28 PM.
                    Roger Waters March 23/1985 Toronto Maple Leaf Gardens
                    Pink Floyd Sept. 22/1987 Toronto CNE
                    Pink Floyd July 5/1994 Toronto CNE
                    Roger Waters Oct. 3rd and 13th/2017 Toronto Air Canada Center
                    Roger Waters July 8th & 9th/2022 Toronto Scotiabank Arena
                    Nick Mason's SOS Oct. 8th/2022 Toronto Massey Hall

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyNoMore View Post
                      Seriously, what kind of fan complains about a collectible release ?
                      The kind of fan who, like me, already owns 19 versions of the album in several formats and see nothing interesting in the collectible aspect besides the gimmick (whose novelty value will fade after a couple spins) except, perhaps, to pass down to my descendants for them to get some very big money in 50 years when collectors pay crazy prices for it, by which time I'll be long gone and won't be able to care or enjoy it.

I know no-one is making me buy it. And I won't. Same as I didn't buy the overrated and overpriced boxset from last year for pretty much the same reason.

Besides, it's pink Floyd, which usually warrants there will be some kind of mistake or let down during production of the physical object itself.

Originally posted by RowdyNoMore View Post
                      Young, new fans might like it.
                      They might like it. No doubt about it. Now we need to find a young new fan with enough disposable income willing to spend on a collectible like this instead of some kind of digital entertainment. Not saying there aren't, but I doubt this is directly aimed at that specific demographics.

edit:
                      Now, if this isn't sold out within 10 days, then I'll start thinking it really isn't "limited" at all.
                      Last edited by ruben77; 02-01-2024, 12:54 AM.

Comment

This is a fan site ? lol
                        Roger Waters March 23/1985 Toronto Maple Leaf Gardens
                        Pink Floyd Sept. 22/1987 Toronto CNE
                        Pink Floyd July 5/1994 Toronto CNE
                        Roger Waters Oct. 3rd and 13th/2017 Toronto Air Canada Center
                        Roger Waters July 8th & 9th/2022 Toronto Scotiabank Arena
                        Nick Mason's SOS Oct. 8th/2022 Toronto Massey Hall

Comment

The 50th of WYWH is coming up next year, it will be interesting to see the material they release for that.
                          Last edited by mark2114; 02-01-2024, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mark2114 View Post
                            The 50th of WYWH is coming up next year, it will be interesting to see the material they release for that.
                            Wembley 1974. Fucking again.

Comment

Originally posted by ruben77 View Post
                              How "limited" is really "limited"?

And why is it split in just 2 records, and not in four 45RPM single-sided records with four UV etched artworks ? ​
                              One side of each disc is just artwork that is visible on the playable side. Future release will be 10 discs (one for each song) with the same design. 😉
                              Last edited by MrFender; 02-01-2024, 11:05 AM.
                              What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
                              PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
                              Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
                              Rog - Aug 20, 2020, Atlanta (Taped)
                              Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Working...
                              X