In the Beechwoods/ Milky Way mashup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Beechwoods/ Milky Way mashup

I know this is an old topic and there was a previous mashup shared on Y! but I just found this one, and even though it's rough, I still think these two songs are meant to be together. I wish someone would do it proper. This one isn't bad though.

I'm sorry but to me it sounds plain horrible, the vocals doesn't match up at all.
    But I can see the potential and I guess it could be good if done right.

Comment

+1 on that, they've started with a good idea (someone else's), stuck way too much stuff on it, and ended up with something bloody awful. All it really needed was the vocals moving into time (easier said than done I'm sure) and maybe some of the more wayward pitching fixing.

But hey, I'm not about to try and do it, so who am I to talk!

Comment

It’s the classic sound of having three open YouTube tabs and somehow hitting play on them simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by A Prick Like You View Post
          It’s the classic sound of having three open YouTube tabs and somehow hitting play on them simultaneously.
          Yes!! I'm not the only one that thinks this!!

Comment

I seem to recall a thread discussing this and coming away from it feeling like it was a distinct possibility they are in fact linked. And it is certainly quite the challenge to try to sync them together. I mean, David was trying to just put one song together on those Syd records and had quite a hard time at points, so it would stand to reason this might be even harder.

But my main takeaway is elsewhere. I’m a Syd fan. I mean, I love all of the Floyd’s music, but I do tend to like the late 60s/early 70s spacey stuff the most. But I have noticed that people like myself always tend to overemphasize the wild spaced out stuff WAY too much. I mean, the original lineup certainly had elements of it, but In all honesty, the huge binson echo washes and abstract noisy stuff was actually considerably more prominent in the early Gilmour years than with Syd. Sometime compare one of the couple of live Astronomy Domines we have with Syd verses the one on Ummagumma.

I am guilty of it too, but the tendency to take it way too far, while understandable in the sense that it’s just kind of fun to make music like that, only makes it kind of LESS like a Syd recording, in my opinion.

All of the versions, but especially the Soundtrack versions of Interstellar Overdrive get properly out there, for sure. And Pow R Toc H and Take Up Thy Stethoscope definitely have noisy jams…but the majority of their output with Syd is far more Earthbound then the sensationalized view that many people have of it.

I love Syd, but Saucerful of Secrets live, for example the Rotterdam April 3rd 1971 version, is FAR more “out there” than anything they did with Syd.

edited for spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by j.vavala513@gmail.com View Post
              ... is FAR more “out there” than anything they did with Syd.

edited for spelling.
              Well, have you heard any 1966 concert? I mean...

Comment

Working...
              X