Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand new Nassau 1980 Super 8mm!

Happy New Year, guys!

We're putting out two BRAND NEW Super 8mm films from The Wall concerts in Nassau, 1980 — these were shot by Jeffrey McGuiness on Kodachrome and Ektachrome stocks and have never been seen by anybody except the filmer himself, the scanning service and our team who worked on it. No collector has this!

Jeffrey shot ~6½ minutes (2 cartridges) on the 26th, and 3½ minutes (1 cartridge) on the 28th; the night of the most famous Wall bootleg!

This has been synced to total accuracy and coloured to the best of my own ability. Sad to say that the first cartridge in the 26th is quite underexposed — this is the low ISO Kodachrome cart. — so a lot of colour information in the projections and lights are pretty much gone. That isn't to say that Jeffrey didn't capture some incredible short clips though! You'll see!

The files for both the raw scans and restorations will be posted here. I want to take the time to apologize yet again for not having shared L.A. 75 source 2 or any of the matrixing/remastering efforts in torrent form. I have been having very odd and unusual problems with making torrents, but I have been trying to get this sorted out so that I can share all of these items freely, for everybody to enjoy. Please be patient, because on top of that, we're also very busy with projects!

Thanks for a great 2023, and here's to another great year!

The 26th premiere: https://youtu.be/huDpWmLbWls?si=AephrPiGMdQgQjUe
    Attached Files
    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

2024 kicking off in the best way possible... thankyou
    One of These Days....

Comment

Originally posted by Booster View Post
      2024 kicking off in the best way possible... thankyou
      I wanted this done for Christmas, but there were a few last minute things that needed adjusted. Nobody posted anything at all on Christmas, so I hope this can make up for the lack of gift-giving during the holiday season. Thank YOU!

Comment

This is gonna be great, thanks to all involved!

Comment

Thank you for your work.
          Much appreciated.
          Happy New Year!

Comment

Can’t wait to see this…thankyou very much..

Comment

Happy new year NuffM and again thanks for all your wonderful work!

Comment

....I would be much more pleased with the film footage of Berlin 1977...I love the period 1967 - 1977

Comment

• Funio
                  Funio commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Completely unnecessary, and frankly rude, comment. This is not the "Let's make Karol's wishes come true" thread.

• karol
                  karol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes you are right and I APOLOGIZE to everyone

A fantastic film with a few quite mindblowing scenes! I'm happy to have been involved (a tiny bit) in this project, can't wait for the release!

Comment

Thank you very much, guys !!!
                  We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this one!
                    ever since I first saw the Nassau footage on a worn VHS circa 1999 and later the Earls Court footage I have been hoping for an official release of the whole thing one day. That day is still yet to come so many years later, but I haven't lost hope yet.
                    ​​

Comment

• Edufloyd
                      Edufloyd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Me too!!!!!! some day

Originally posted by karol View Post
                    ....I would be much more pleased with the film footage of Berlin 1977...I love the period 1967 - 1977
                    Well, I do not have that. I'm sorry that I cannot please you in that regard. 70/75/77 already got new films this year, I think it'll be fine if The Wall gets some attention again.

Comment

• karol
                      karol commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ok thanks....maybe in the near future

Looking forward to seeing this and whatever else pops up in 2024. This year has already been good for various fan communities getting new audio and video treats.

Comment

That was great!! The recordings that have emerged recently make me hopeful, I wonder if one day we will see a recording from '74...

Comment

That's was really great!

I'd always assumed the projections weren't that good back then but The Trial looks amazing.

Thanks again for getting this stuff out there.

Comment

Working...
                        X