Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Man and The Legend of Pink Floyd is slated to release a solo album!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Man and The Legend of Pink Floyd is slated to release a solo album!

Last edited by y!me; 09-13-2024, 06:31 PM.

Steve Gadd is in one of the pics. Really looking forward to this. Hope they don't let Polly write the lyrics though.

Comment

No doubt about that

Comment

8+ years since Rattle That Lock? Crap time files.
        What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
        PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
        Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
        Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
        Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Originally posted by MrFender View Post
          8+ years since Rattle That Lock? Crap time files.
          'Rattle That Clock' sounds odd to me, but at least better than 'Rattle That Cock' ... ;-)

Have Yourself A Merry Xmas, everybody!

Comment

Nauseatingly hagiographical thread title.

I will be surprised if the album is anything other than pleasantly dull. Warm EQ'd mid-tempo prog lite songs with Moon/June/Spoon lyrics from the missus and glossy guitar solos abound. A musical yawnfest.

Comment

I'll be happy to hear whatever we get. At least it will be new!

Comment

May the endless Gilmour commence
                Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

I took me a while to get into On An Island when it got released, but now I really love it, it has a great flow from start to finish.
                  Rattle That Lock was much easier because I attended the first show on the 2015 tour in Croatia and I heard the songs live before the album had been released. It was my first time seeing Gilmour live in concert and it's one of my most precious memories.
                  I also love his first two albums and I really wish he would release the complete 1984 live tour film, it's a great show!
                  I am extremely excited to hear his next album and I really hope he will go on tour again! My biggest wish is to see him play at the Royal Albert Hall with my wife and daughter šŸ™‚

Comment

• Anredeon
                    Anredeon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I also attented the croatianshow, after an 10hour busride there was a magical show in the colosseum waiting for me, ah for many many others as well. F..k, I even shed a tear or so.

I like OAI much more than RTL, its more compact, The Blue is outstanding, but what is the meaning behind all these comparisons anyway.

• TheGreenStrat
                    TheGreenStrat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    His debut is really solid (AF isnā€™t too shabby either). Agreed on the ā€˜84 shows needing remaster/releases. I appreciate OAI much more once I saw the ā€˜06 RAH footage. Iā€™d love a copy of his debut once it eventually gets remastered.

Hereā€™s to hoping the projected 2024 release frame is accurate.

Wonder if the deluxe release will include any more Barn Jams.

Comment

Originally posted by y!me

Sounds like you haven't been a fan since Piper.

If you're looking for a sedative without a prescription ckeckout Darkside Redux.
                    I'm a fan of 1968 - 1971 Floyd, when they were genuinely experimental, improvisatory and interested in taking creative risks onstage. After that they just took to plodding through their album tracks note for note.

I don't like the DSOTM Redux either. Waters and Gilmour are both years, arguably decades, beyond their creative peak. They are topping up their pension pots with increasingly banal material, safe in the knowledge that it will sell because of the Floyd name.

Comment

TheGreenStrat commented Iā€™d love a copy of his debut once it eventually gets remastered

The 2021 24-96 HD version is pretty spectacular.

Comment

• TheGreenStrat
                        TheGreenStrat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks! I will definitely check this out.

Originally posted by Alanko View Post
                      Nauseatingly hagiographical thread title.

I will be surprised if the album is anything other than pleasantly dull. Warm EQ'd mid-tempo prog lite songs with Moon/June/Spoon lyrics from the missus and glossy guitar solos abound. A musical yawnfest.
                      You made me chuckle, friend šŸ˜† I've been trained not to spit in the fan so I'll just reserve judgement until it gets released but Rattle really left me wanting. Can't say I was a big fan. I quite liked OAI and thought the tour was really fantastic. Seeing him and Rick twice in 2006 really was a highlight of my life. I can't even believe that was 17 years ago already. Yeeeesh!
                      Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!ā€‹

Comment

Syd has a new album coming out? yay!!

Comment

Really looking forward to this. Absolutely love OAI. Rattle That Lock was a bit meh but In Any Tongue and Faces of Stone were top drawer.

Comment

Working...
                          X