More Syd Barrett unseen live footage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Syd Barrett unseen live footage?

"I’m still buzzing at the unseen Syd Barrett live shots", says Malcolm Boyle, the filmmaker behind the new doc about John "Hoppy" Hopkins to be released in May 2024. The article appears in new MOJO magazine.

So, is it really possible there is still some unseen Syd footage or is it just a marketing thing?​

Intriguing! In my head the 'Flame' movie footage looked very similar to the Tonight let's all make love in London footage. Pink Floyd in a small dark venue with Syd playing his Danelectro, bopping away.

New footage is good, especially if audio is included!

Comment

It is silent.

Comment

Originally posted by crofloyd View Post
        "So, is it really possible there is still some unseen Syd footage or is it just a marketing thing?​
        But don’t let the lack of sound put you off because it is genuinely worth getting excited about.

Comment

Originally posted by neonknight View Post

But don’t let the lack of sound put you off because it is genuinely worth getting excited about.
          Is there anything you can disclose about this footage? Year, venue, etc? Does it come from Hoppy's personal archive?
          Formerly known as jchrist1946 on Yeeshkul.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneslip17 View Post

Is there anything you can disclose about this footage? Year, venue, etc? Does it come from Hoppy's personal archive?
            1967 UFO and Syd is really animated, quite different to all the other footage we have seen. I don't think I should say any more because the details may feature in a book that's due out in 2024, not written by me, and I don't want to spoil things for the people who are, no doubt, putting a lot of work into the Hoppy Hopkins film.

Comment

Originally posted by neonknight View Post

1967 UFO and Syd is really animated, quite different to all the other footage we have seen. I don't think I should say any more because the details may feature in a book that's due out in 2024, not written by me, and I don't want to spoil things for the people who are, no doubt, putting a lot of work into the Hoppy Hopkins film.
              Thanks for sharing!
              Formerly known as jchrist1946 on Yeeshkul.

Comment

, Click image for larger version  Name:	408869887_10160091092123722_9139496971842016558_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	251.9 KB ID:	363507

The provenance of the footage is already disclosed here. I had seen entire 28 minute footage and you won't be dissapointed. Among the footage is band doing Pow.R. Toh.H. which is probably what ended up on finished scene we had seen for years with overdubbed unrelated audio.

And it's not coming from Hoppy archive.
                Last edited by Hallucalation; 12-25-2023, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallucalation View Post
                  , Click image for larger version Name:	408869887_10160091092123722_9139496971842016558_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	251.9 KB ID:	363507

The provenance of the footage is already disclosed here. I had seen entire 28 minute footage and you won't be dissapointed. Among the footage is band doing Pow.R. Toh.H. which is probably what ended up on finished scene we had seen for years with overdubbed unrelated audio.

Is that 28 minutes only of Pink Floyd or is it various artists including Pink Floyd?

Comment

• Hallucalation
                    Hallucalation commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Some Soft Machine and crowd footage.

Originally posted by Hallucalation View Post
                  , Click image for larger version Name:	408869887_10160091092123722_9139496971842016558_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	251.9 KB ID:	363507

Thanks for the exciting update!

Comment

The Hoppy film will be screened this Friday in London.

I hope the PF/Syd footage finds it's way, in whole, to outsiders like me!

https://www.hoppyfilm.com/promos--teasers.html

British and international festival and cinema screenings are planned soon.
                    But first we're offering a unique opportunity to come to the world premiere
                    screening at a special one-off club event at London's Tabernacle
                    on Friday May 24th 2024!

Comment

• neonknight
                      neonknight commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm interested to see how much of the footage is used. There are copyright and permissions issues in respect of the complete footage, as you might expect. If the bit I hope is used, it truly is the best example of Syd performing, albeit without sound, that we are ever likely to see.

• Hallucalation
                      Hallucalation commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The one where he sings unknown song?

• neonknight
                      neonknight commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We have worked out the song and it's going into the 1967 book that's in preparation.

I went to the premiere on Friday, a really nice gathering, and am pleased to confirm that some of the Die Jungen Nachtwandler outtakes feature in the film. I captured some footage of the event and have added it to my YouTube account. It should give you a feel for the occasion... don't expect Nachtwandler! I recommend that all fans of the early Floyd make time to see the Hoppy film when it is released.

https://youtu.be/hnqHgJDpxxk?si=BI5wFbJ2frgY1SkL
                    Last edited by neonknight; 05-27-2024, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X