Cymbaline Demo Acetate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cymbaline Demo Acetate

Saw this on eBay, anybody know what it is? Maybe the version used in the film?

EMIDISC ACETATE - SINGLE SIDED 7 " SINGLE. "CYMBALINE" DEMO 3'28". PINK FLOYD.

Originally posted by Emdy View Post
    Cymbaline Demo Acetate
    the term DEMO refers to the Acetate disc itself - and not to the track title

according to the timing 3'28" - this is most likely the album version with the final instrumental part cut off​

Comment

Looks like the seller also had a similar Embryo emidisc.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/335138773476

Comment

Putting my skeptic hat on for a second, why would this stuff be surfacing in Australia?

Or, having adjusted my hat slightly, how hard would it be to press the BBC 1969 versions of Cymbaline and Embryo up onto acetates and make them look suitably vintage?

Comment

• Emdy
          Emdy commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve looked into getting lathe-cut one-offs made before and remember the services being $100-125 for a standard double-sided 12-inch disc. So if it’s a fake I’d say there was a profit on the Embryo acetate they sold, although that seems like a pretty niche thing to fake compared to yet another 1970 BBC boot that seems to show up for $40 in every other shop for a few months at a time.

Col Turner from Fleeting Glimpse is out of Australia, no?
      Working...
      X