Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikhnaton View Post

There are prerequisites to obtain archives
    Nice post. I have been reading what you have been saying in the thread and your points seem perfectly reasonable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post

Right. There's obviously a difference between posting something publicly on YouTube and discretely sharing it as a torrent.

Things were discretely torrented on Y and then subsequently ended up on YouTube and part of commercial bootleg releases. This isn't such an obscure corner of the internet, and this thread is publicly viewable without an account, so it could be drawing in attention.

Comment

• voices2010
        voices2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        And was there a lawsuit for all the shared tera? Sometimes people live immersed in a paranoia of persecution. If someone cannot launch it personally, anyone can launch it. It has already been said that there are more people with copies... are they going to arrest them all? It could be launched from Russia, Korea, etc. there are thousands of ways to do it

Originally posted by rontoon View Post

How exactly would that come into play? Pink Floyd doesn't get any money from these archival films when their used for research, do they? I've dealt with them in the past and have a hard time believing that they'd give a damn about a 3-minute clip. Maybe if it was appearing that someone was trying to sell something, but a discretely leaked torrent of a 3-minute snippet? Doubtful.
      Just the other day I heard from a friend of a friend that the Floyd management still allows certain German attorneys to send mails to people putting semi legit live releases on ebay charging them "legal fees" for the copyright violation... unfortunately they do seem to give a damn, ridiculous as it may seem.
      Not exactly the same, of course, but it shows their mindset.

Comment

Working...
      X