Berlin 77

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OAI View Post
    Sorry, way late to the party here, just seeing this now.

Wow, this is some awesome footage, 77 being my favorite tour, this is holy grail material for me

Karol THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING, you really made my day. I would happily pay the $'s per minute or pretty much whatever is being asked to see more, can you put me in contact with whoever you said was trying to sell the material? Or if anyone reading this is holding more footage and wishes to get paid, please contact me- YOU WILL REMAIN ANONYMOUS.

Ikhnaton, I completely understand your position, I wish you would reconsider but that is YOUR decision, no one else. That said, is there anything else you can share about the 4-5minutes you own? Ie. is your entire clip from Dogs, or is it a bits of multiple songs? I have no idea what the rules for news crews/photographers were back then, but it seems odd to me that they were setup this late into the show. Also, given that you know that there was a sound guy doing the audio beside the guy filming, any chance he kept recording the entire show?

Rontoon, I've been told for what seems forever that a 77 German show was "pro-shot" and existed on u-matic tape in some "hoarders" hands. This is being proposed as 16mm film. Just wondering in your expert opinion weather you think the two are one in the same, and that the 77 proshot was just an exaggeration of a 4-5minute news crew shot? Or whether you personally feel more German 77 footage exists, possibly a complete show? Second question, would the emergence of this footage suggest to you that someone was able to acquire Rolfs collection after all? It seems that a lot of it has been coming out recently. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for all the questions, I just find this all extremely exciting and so unexpected.

Shine on folks.
    My copy is not from Rolfs’ collection.

Now that this film is known because of the small clips I uploaded, I won’t be surprised if Rolfs copy end up being uploaded on youtube. It’s just a matter of time.

Comment

• karol
      karol commented
      Editing a comment
      ...share with us HERE...and you will be forever enshrined in our hearts...please...life is so short !!!!!

Originally posted by Ikhnaton View Post

Now that this film is known because of the small clips I uploaded, I won’t be surprised if Rolfs copy end up being uploaded on youtube. It’s just a matter of time.
    I hope so 🤞🏻
    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

I would be very surprised if that happened. Rolf is no longer with us and I highly doubt that Ray will share it. The only way it ends up on YouTube is if you upload it there or the person you got it from does. And you don't appear to be willing to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post

I would be very surprised if that happened. Rolf is no longer with us and I highly doubt that Ray will share it. The only way it ends up on YouTube is if you upload it there or the person you got it from does. And you don't appear to be willing to do that.
        Couldn't have said this better. Thank you

Comment

I did not get it from a trade, I got it straight from the archives in a professional context.

I don’t really know who is Ray, but I know some collectors who already owns a copy of this film (probably from Rolfs copy), that’s why I think it will leak in the near future.
          Last edited by Ikhnaton; 01-10-2024, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I did not get it from a trade, I got it straight from the archives in a professional context.

I don’t really know who is Ray, but I know some collectors who already owns a copy of this film (probably from Rolfs copy), that’s why I think it will leak in the near future.
            If you really think it will be leaked in the near future, why not just do it yourself and get the credit for it?

Comment

Why should I take that risk? I mean, it's not Zep, nor Genesis. It's Pink Floyd. They aren't kind at all with bootlegers. And it's something that can possibly be traced back to me as they have my name, adress etc.
              Speedy's guys were threatened by PF for the release of Hamilton 1975, they were contacted by email only a few days after the film was released. It's not the kind of mail I would like to get from PF.

I should not have posted in this thread but I wanted to stop the falses informations and all the speculations about this footage.

Comment

Why should I take that risk? I mean, it's not Zep, nor Genesis. It's Pink Floyd. They aren't kind at all with bootlegers. And it's something that can possibly be traced back to me as they have my name, adress etc.
                Speedy's guys were threatened by PF for the release of Hamilton 1975, they were contacted by email only a few days after the film was released. It's not the kind of mail I would like to get from PF.

I should not have posted in this thread but I wanted to stop the falses informations and all the speculations about this footage.
                I thought the email that Speedy got were only the mgmt asking for all of the money made from the automatic monetization (except none was made)..

Comment

This is a sad situation.

If the respected management of PF would allow itself a small statement: you, the fans, are waiting for surprises, perhaps rare video footage...

Instead of a two-way dialogue, it turns out to be financial persecution by the respected management of PF.

The deaf silence of the respected PF management in this situation most likely means the following: We ourselves (?) We will not give this to anyone and we will not allow others!!!​

Last edited by YASHA; 01-10-2024, 06:09 PM.
                  We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

If it can be got from the archives directly would it be possible to give the details of these archives? Someone who may be willing to release it could then get the ball rolling?

Comment

Originally posted by beeco View Post

If it can be got from the archives directly would it be possible to give the details of these archives? Someone who may be willing to release it could then get the ball rolling?
                      There are prerequisites to obtain archives:

-It can be done only if you’re a professional, in my case, I’m an historian and archivist.
                      -You have to fill a form, saying why you want this archive, name of your project, producer etc…
                      -In some cases, you have to sign an agreement saying that you won’t disclose the archive and that you’ll destroy the copy when the work is done.
                      -You’re exposing yourself to legal proceeding if you don’t respect the agreements.
                      -You have to pay fees (Research fees, digitalization etc…)

Please note that some TV archives are hard to reach and sometimes everything is highly secured. (For example Italian RAI TV, you need your phone everytime you log into the video library)
                      They are also used to peoples (Not only music fans !)
                      ​only interested to get archives for their own pleasure so they are always checking if your request is legit.

Comment

Originally posted by NuffM View Post

I thought the email that Speedy got were only the mgmt asking for all of the money made from the automatic monetization (except none was made)..
                        I’m sure you’ll feel threatened by Pink Floyd management if you get an email saying that you owe them money.

Comment

I’m sure you’ll feel threatened by Pink Floyd management if you get an email saying that you owe them money.
                          How exactly would that come into play? Pink Floyd doesn't get any money from these archival films when their used for research, do they? I've dealt with them in the past and have a hard time believing that they'd give a damn about a 3-minute clip. Maybe if it was appearing that someone was trying to sell something, but a discretely leaked torrent of a 3-minute snippet? Doubtful.

Comment

How exactly would that come into play? Pink Floyd doesn't get any money from these archival films when their used for research, do they? I've dealt with them in the past and have a hard time believing that they'd give a damn about a 3-minute clip. Maybe if it was appearing that someone was trying to sell something, but a discretely leaked torrent of a 3-minute snippet? Doubtful.
                            I was referring to the email received by the guys from speedy youtube channel.

Comment

I was referring to the email received by the guys from speedy youtube channel.
                              Right. There's obviously a difference between posting something publicly on YouTube and discretely sharing it as a torrent.

Comment

• DesertRat
                                DesertRat commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Indeed, monetisation being the key difference

• rontoon
                                rontoon commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Monetisation and advertising/promoting it on YouTube.
                            Working...
                            X