Berlin 77

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That short snippet looks really nice!
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

Originally posted by Ikhnaton View Post

And I’m so tired of people like you. I owe you nothing.
      Nobody here owes anyone else the time of day, but this community is largely built on odd little bits of tape like this. We’d all love to see it, but maybe speculation over what’s on the rest of the tape will keep forums like this afloat for the next 10+ years.

Comment

This seems a little bit shirty. Going over your previous posts, you mentioned there being “still a ton of holy grails in the making”, and so it seems you enjoy when other people share what they have. I understand everyone has their own reasons for doing as they wish, but chill man

Comment

Oh FFS. Get off your high horse.
          Formerly known as jchrist1946 on Yeeshkul.

Comment

Yes, I enjoy when people are sharing things.
            And peoples enjoy when I’m sharing things too.
            I really like to share things, I just hate when people who doesn’t move a finger (or just to click the play button), are complaining. If you want new things, just do like me, do researches, find new things, pay for these things, and if you want to share, it’s up to you.

Comment

Well it’s good to see you got the whole picture.

Yes, I enjoy when people are sharing things.
              And peoples enjoy when I’m sharing things too.
              I really like to share things, I just hate when people who doesn’t move a finger (or just to click the play button), are complaining. If you want new things, just do like me, do researches, find new things, pay for these things, and if you want to share, it’s up to you.

Comment

Love the little snippet. Would be lovely to see the full thing.

With all the footage we've had recently it's been a great time to be a fan. I have however learned to be very patient with this stuff, it'll come out in the end.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by beeco View Post
                  Love the little snippet. Would be lovely to see the full thing.

With all the footage we've had recently it's been a great time to be a fan. I have however learned to be very patient with this stuff, it'll come out in the end.

​​​​​
                  It will be out one day, as I know some copy (not from mine) are already circulating. Or I’ll release it one day, as I tend to release everything I own. (No matter what the d**** are saying)

Comment

• karol
                    karol commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

FYI, Rolf Ossenburg had this footage as part of his collection. I was hoping that it would surface one day. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by mulle View Post
                    Just release everything there is, what’s the point in not doing that?
                    Because that involves quite a lot of work? Even if an 8mm reel lands on your lap, you have to find a way to convert it, digitise it and face the wrath of somebody telling you you used the wrong encoding, resolution etc... and be expected to do it all for free

Comment

Originally posted by Alanko View Post

Because that involves quite a lot of work? Even if an 8mm reel lands on your lap, you have to find a way to convert it, digitise it and face the wrath of somebody telling you you used the wrong encoding, resolution etc... and be expected to do it all for free
                      exactly,

getting things from trading is a total different thing than looking for new things, scanning them etc…
                      it takes time and money. A LOT of time and money. Just convincing filmers to lend us their films is a hard task. It took me two years to convince the filmer of the last film I received.

And just for you info, we spent many thousands of dollars on scanning films in 2022/2023. But we did release Hamilton for free, just like many other films. And people still calls us hoarders, without knowing all the work behind while they do NOTHING for other fans. They just complain.​

Comment

• daemonspudguy
                        daemonspudguy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        At least from the perspective of myself (a noted idiot), there's not even mentioning you have something, mentioning you have it but can't digitize it because you lack the equipment or whatever, and then there's mentioning you have something, but then not releasing it even though you've already been proven to have the technology to do so. That last one is the most, frankly, offensive thing. Because then that just makes one look like a selfish jerk. But, again, this is my opinion and I'm an idiot.

Thanks for sharing - this is truly great to see.

Comment

......I kind of hoped that someone would make us a nice Christmas.../ at least a small sample /​

Comment

Sorry, way late to the party here, just seeing this now.

Wow, this is some awesome footage, 77 being my favorite tour, this is holy grail material for me

Karol THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING, you really made my day. I would happily pay the $'s per minute or pretty much whatever is being asked to see more, can you put me in contact with whoever you said was trying to sell the material? Or if anyone reading this is holding more footage and wishes to get paid, please contact me- YOU WILL REMAIN ANONYMOUS.

Ikhnaton, I completely understand your position, I wish you would reconsider but that is YOUR decision, no one else. That said, is there anything else you can share about the 4-5minutes you own? Ie. is your entire clip from Dogs, or is it a bits of multiple songs? I have no idea what the rules for news crews/photographers were back then, but it seems odd to me that they were setup this late into the show. Also, given that you know that there was a sound guy doing the audio beside the guy filming, any chance he kept recording the entire show?

Rontoon, I've been told for what seems forever that a 77 German show was "pro-shot" and existed on u-matic tape in some "hoarders" hands. This is being proposed as 16mm film. Just wondering in your expert opinion weather you think the two are one in the same, and that the 77 proshot was just an exaggeration of a 4-5minute news crew shot? Or whether you personally feel more German 77 footage exists, possibly a complete show? Second question, would the emergence of this footage suggest to you that someone was able to acquire Rolfs collection after all? It seems that a lot of it has been coming out recently. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for all the questions, I just find this all extremely exciting and so unexpected.

Shine on folks.

Comment

Originally posted by OAI View Post
                            Rontoon, I've been told for what seems forever that a 77 German show was "pro-shot" and existed on u-matic tape in some "hoarders" hands. This is being proposed as 16mm film. Just wondering in your expert opinion weather you think the two are one in the same, and that the 77 proshot was just an exaggeration of a 4-5minute news crew shot? Or whether you personally feel more German 77 footage exists, possibly a complete show? Second question, would the emergence of this footage suggest to you that someone was able to acquire Rolfs collection after all? It seems that a lot of it has been coming out recently. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for all the questions, I just find this all extremely exciting and so unexpected.

Shine on folks.
                            I think they are both the same, its always been this 4-5 minutes of footage shot for German TV news, IIRC.

Quite a bit of Rolf's collection was shared with another hoarder while Rolf was still with us. My recollection is that this served to back up each other's collection of material. That would be Ray Steeg and I'm certain he has a copy of this tape.

Comment

• OAI
                              OAI commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thank you Ron, much appreciated.

• karol
                              karol commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I found it quite by accident on the Czech PF forum and unfortunately I am not in the circle of people who own this video...AND I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT...thanks to everyone who says something about it....http://pinkfloydforum.cz/viewtopic.p...=485&start=240
                          Working...
                          X