Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the highest quality recording of a complete KAOS on the Road show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the highest quality recording of a complete KAOS on the Road show?

I know we have the excellent Live in Quebec album from Harvested and another recording of the Empire Pool show but sadly neither of those are complete. What is the highest quality complete audio recording we have? I already have KAOS Creek (also from Harvested, funnily enough) but I'm wondering if there's anything better.
    Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
    Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
    Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
    Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

I have always liked this one. Click image for larger version  Name:	406.jpg Views:	0 Size:	411.0 KB ID:	362460

https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...orrents/71589-

Attached Files
    Last edited by mark2114; 11-28-2023, 05:41 AM.

Comment

• daemonspudguy
      daemonspudguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately while the recording itself is great the the audio on the tracker has what sounds like farting. It's apparently had that issue since the Yeeshkul days.

• Victor Romano
      Victor Romano commented
      Editing a comment
      Just checked this out, indeed daemonspudguy is right, it sounds terrible. So if the recording is good, do we have one on the tracker that is more true to the original recording? I wonder if it's the same as https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...egs-aa/254592- ? Playing a few passages, that one sounds not to have the same defects. But I don't know if it's an identical recording or same set. The last few numbers seem to come from a different recording date.

Milwaukee is really good - but Hamilton three days before is better​

Comment

Any of these good sounding complete shows soundboard?

Comment

• daemonspudguy
        daemonspudguy commented
        Editing a comment
        No. Sadly I don't think a complete soundboard exists.

Originally posted by svaerige View Post
      I was there, I need to find that

Comment

Originally posted by gdmulezep View Post

I was there, I need to find that
        I was there as well and the ticket on the artwork is my wife's unused ticket, she became ill and stayed at the hotel across the street. I sent the ticket to Tim, who used it on DFP artwork.
        Last edited by mark2114; 12-08-2023, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mark2114 View Post
          (1) Roger Waters The Mecca Arena Milwaukee,Wisconsin November 13,1987 - YouTube​

Comment

• daemonspudguy
            daemonspudguy commented
            Editing a comment
            I really wanna know where on earth funkydung got that audio. The version on the tracker has digital farting all throughout the 3 discs.

Originally posted by svaerige View Post
          (1) Roger Waters 1987 11 10 Coops Coliseum Hamilton, Ontario, Canada - YouTube​

Comment

not just this - but this one https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...rrents/220871- shure

Comment

I contacted Long Tall Eric who has a rip of the original Complete KAOS silvers (the 2 disc version) because I was curious if it also had the weird farting noises. It does not.

Comment

So apparently at one point DFP-200, which appears to have been a revised version of the 3 disc Complete KAOS bootleg, was seeded on Yeeshkul, but the torrent file's gone, so I guess nobody had it at the time.

Comment

I don't know if it is the best in terms of actual sound quality - it has a few dropouts etc - although it is very decent. But I am really fond of the 3-disc audience recording from the last Wembley show, of which there are a few versions on this tracker. It's a very good audience recording of a nice performance and, as far as I know, 100% complete will all the preshow Jim Ladd banter, adverts, the playback of Radioactive by Firm and the performance of Tempted by Paul Carrack, full QA with Jim and Roger etc. The QA is hilarious, among other things there was one guy asking if he can have any pudding if he doesn't eat his meat, and Roger replying that he can have as much pudding he wants. And one caller asked if they can perform Comfortably Numb, and Roger being booed at by the audience when he replied that they couldn't because they haven't rehearsed it (Roger in turn promised that if he ever tours again, Comfortably Numb would be on the setlist). Another nice treat is The Great Gig in the Sky with Clare Tory as an encore, even though it is far from being the best version i have heard of that song.
                  Overall a very nice bootleg.

Comment

• David S CA
                    David S CA commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for your review of the 1987-11-22 Wembley Arena show. I'm looking forward to giving it a listen. I started to download the Master (Nakamichi CM300) version of Recorder 1 last night. It got great reviews for sound quality on Y! back in the day. It has one seed with a very slow trickle upload, but I'm sure it will finish downloading to my computer someday soon.
                    Last edited by David S CA; 02-16-2024, 08:59 PM.

• Nodak
                    Nodak commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hopped on that one too, maybe help you out on that. I cant really remember the last time I listened to one from this tour so I should give it a go.

Thank you for mentioning that. It's a shame he didn't perform Comfortably Numb during the KAOS on the Road tour, hearing Jay Stapley play the guitar solos would have been interesting.

Comment

• ILuvHoney
                    ILuvHoney commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah that would be interesting. but at least he kept his promise though, as the song has been a staple of all his shows ever since! But back in the 80s he played only his own compositions as a matter of principle, as he talked about in an interview about the Pros and Cons tour (wywh also obviously had a co-writing credit with Gilmour, but CN - which in large part derived from a Gilmour demo - was probably judged to have "too much of Gilmour" in it if you know what i mean). Back at the time of the KAOS tour, Gilmour's "Pink Floyd" was also touring so it was probably important for him to distance himself a bit from them by being able to boast of only playing his own songs, in contrast to Gilmour and co who were touring with lots of his songs under the name "Pink Floyd" at the same time.

• daemonspudguy
                    daemonspudguy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah. I remember listening to the album Pros and Cons: The Interviews (compiled from a radio interview of some sort) and Roger talked about that whole situation.
                Working...
                X