Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live 8 Rehearsal docu from "2005-06-30 Black Island Studios, Acton, London, England"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live 8 Rehearsal docu from "2005-06-30 Black Island Studios, Acton, London, England"

Havn´t noticed this for the last 12 years, but today´s the day:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6_BrJkOZTE

no entry @ https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...london-england
    so this could be new for some of us

enjoy

This is a bonus feature in the Live 8 DVD box set 🙂
    its a great feature! I Wish they would release more rehearsal footage! Maybe if Pink Floyd at Live 8 will ever get a special standalone edition on Blu-ray.

Comment

Is it my imagination or does David start playing the start of Corporal Clegg at 2:35ish?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackstrat View Post
        Is it my imagination or does David start playing the start of Corporal Clegg at 2:35ish?
        Well this certainly intrigued me, so I had to go look for myself...

Yup, I hear it too. I'm not convinced that's Corporal Clegg but it is possible. I've seen this video many times and never noticed that before. Good catch!

Comment

• Blackstrat
          Blackstrat commented
          Editing a comment
          he certainly plays the "Hendrix chord" twice in a similar rhythm to the start of CC, but it was probably more of a musical tic than anything. Can you imagine if they'd played CC at Live8? :-D

Thanks for this - I've managed to cobble together a decent edit of a complete Wish You Were Here from this that sounds not terrible - Roger's vocal is a bit jarring, and there's a couple of guitar flubs from Gilmour but it's still a nice document.

Can't tell if Rick's singing on the chorus - think it's more likely Jon Carin.

Comment

It is unfortunate that the Waters & Gilmour relationship, seemingly more positive at that time, has gone back to the same old name-calling.
          Last edited by mark2114; 11-12-2023, 03:40 AM.

Comment

• sb33334
            sb33334 commented
            Editing a comment
            Things looked hopeful there for a while.

• A Prick Like You
            A Prick Like You commented
            Editing a comment
            They managed 15-odd years of public civility after Live 8 - about as long as the time they were in PF together. If we repeat another 23 years of estrangement, they should be back on speaking terms by Roger’s 100th birthday.
        Working...
        X