Atom Heart Mother Box-Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimfisheye View Post
    I'm probably good with The Early Years copy of the quad mix and the HRV bluray with the live video but this looks like a cool package. And it's a way to get the original quad mix of the album without having to buy the Early Years set for it. Did they really also include a stereo fold down of the quad mix? That's trashy and gets a demerit if true! But it looks like a cool release of AHM for anyone who passed on the Early Years set.

This quad mix of the song AHM is the closest you will get to hearing some of their more aggressive live style surround mix play. Especially the sound fx section in the middle. This is the closest thing they released that shows some of this off.
    No quad mix in this release. Only the stereo CD. The blu-ray contains nothing more than the Hakone footage.

Comment

• jimfisheye
      jimfisheye commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh! Well that's some bait and switch awfulness there! I wouldn't have imagined they would remove the quad so I just assumed. My bad. So this is a cash grab and an insulting one at that.

Originally posted by NuffM View Post

You can see it (plus more) here. https://youtu.be/2X3w2BlXZvQ?si=4oOQQbTKxBcTi8cj

And no, it isn't the full AHM song, PF management just can't identify what they play in their own damn footage so they slap AHM on it and call it a day.
    love the colour correction but AI 60 FPS needs to get in the bin. So jerky, like a bad daytime TV soap opera.

Comment

Oh! Well that's some bait and switch awfulness there! I wouldn't have imagined they would remove the quad so I just assumed. My bad. So this is a cash grab and an insulting one at that.
      You seem angry at something that was never announced. Neither in the original Japanese 2021 release nor in this 2023 release anywhere said there would be a quad mix. Anyone reading the information on the advertised product would understand it. You imagined something, and then you get furious at the product for not having it. That's just childish. And you know no one is forcing you to buy it.​

Comment

Originally posted by Alanko View Post

love the colour correction but AI 60 FPS needs to get in the bin. So jerky, like a bad daytime TV soap opera.
        Agreed. Love the guy, he's a good friend of mine but I've never been a 60 fps interpolation guy. Not ever since I learned how film works.
        - The Pink Floyd Research Group -​

Comment

Bo-ring!!!

Comment

You can see it (plus more) here. https://youtu.be/2X3w2BlXZvQ?si=4oOQQbTKxBcTi8cj

And no, it isn't the full AHM song, PF management just can't identify what they play in their own damn footage so they slap AHM on it and call it a day.
            Wonderful footage and a great job of piecing it all together with even a couple of brief segments of the Planets lyrics synced. I never realised there was only as little as ~1 min 30 sec of actual AHM footage with most of it taken from other songs.
            Last edited by Journey Man; 10-27-2023, 10:08 AM.

Comment

2 years late...​

I have the 2021 Japanese version.
              It cost me 55 Euros and it's about the size of a 7-inch record.
              The audio and video don't offer anything we haven't heard or seen before. If you don't have the flyers, photos, and other extras, it could be a treat.
              But if you already have them, since they've appeared on various bootlegs over time... well, it's mostly for hardcore collectors.

I would only buy it if it has a different barcode than the 4 547366 510577 of the Japanese version, and if the matrix is different from my copy (IFPI 4566 PRCS-183X 1 IFPI L275) (Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., Japan).

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/1...m-Heart-Mother
              Last edited by tiwaz10; 10-27-2023, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlue1989 View Post

It is the original AHM film in pristine quality with new audio. MUCH better quality than the next best to my eyes which is from TEY. DG provided the audio but I cannot remember which show it is from.

Thanks for the responses.

Comment

Originally posted by Journey Man View Post

Wonderful footage and a great job of piecing it all together with even a couple of brief segments of the Planets lyrics synced. I never realised there was only as little as ~1 min 30 sec of actual AHM footage with most of it taken from other songs.
                  Finally had a chance to watch the link posted by NuffM and it is very well done. Hats off to all involved. The syncs are spot on and great use of photos and both the 16.08 min original film as well as the 3.11 min behind the scenes film I mentioned before. The storyline really made me feel what the entire event was like, not just the concerts themselves. The different groups doing this type work lately have some real talent and I appreciate the work put into it.

Comment

Wonderful work!

Thank you very much!
                    We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

...just another missed chance!
                      They could have used the bluray for hires stereo, 5.1 and Atmos mixes, done by Steven Wilson instead of Guthrie. Especially AHM could be glorious in surround.

just sad!

voodoo

Comment

Originally posted by YASHA View Post

Wonderful work!

Thank you very much!
                        I believe I had heard about this, but never saw it. I love this. I used to dismiss this footage because the stills and sync is amazing!

Comment

Here's how the Japanese release looks like:

Comment

Originally posted by voodooone View Post
                            ...just another missed chance!
                            They could have used the bluray for hires stereo, 5.1 and Atmos mixes, done by Steven Wilson instead of Guthrie. Especially AHM could be glorious in surround.

just sad!

voodoo
                            Or, you know, include the officially released original quad mix! It's only one of the 3 original quad released Floyd albums.

Yeah they can release what they want. Novelty releases are still a thing. I wouldn't buy a picture disc and start reviewing it for fidelity... I'd hang it on the wall and look at it! (Actually I have a couple picture disk vinyls that sound better than what should have been more proper editions but I digress.)
                            This set has a "definitive" look and maybe suggests being a stand-alone release of AHM after seeing the quad mix initially reissued only on the Early Years big box.

I see someone else might disagree but it doesn't seem unreasonable to me to expect to get the actual audio for the album on a deluxe-ish edition! (Sure. Read the fine print finally. OK then. Moving on.) Quad surround isn't that mysterious anymore. Shouldn't be releasing deluxe looking editions of one of the big surround sound releases from the original big surround sound band if you don't know what that is IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                            X