Atom Heart Mother Box-Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atom Heart Mother Box-Set

Floyd just announced that the box set that came out in Japan some years ago is now being released elsewhere for the fans. It shouldn't include anything new to those who have gotten it from Japan or gotten rips, but it's still very cool to have it re-released here!

Here's a screenshot from the Facebook post a little bit ago...

What are your guys thoughts on this?
    Attached Files
    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

If its sub £30 I might get it. Im not that fussed for the video footage but the packaging looks nice.

Comment

Not exactly a "boxset" but a special package. But it really is something to behold. Very beautiful presentation.

I already have it, so not very interested.

In the Japanese release there was a link to a website where you could get an electronic version of a 56-page Japanese booklet (not included in print) with photos and a couple of short essays and history about the Hakone festival. I wonder if that will also be included, or if it will be translated and included in printed form with this re-release.
      Last edited by ruben77; 10-26-2023, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Just another "Cash Cow" excuse the pun.
        Stop lining their pockets they are not worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by YYZ View Post
          Just another "Cash Cow" excuse the pun.
          Stop lining their pockets they are not worthy.
          This is actually a beautifully packaged release at a reasonable price. No one is being forced to buy it.

Comment

I heard If and Fat Old Sun recently off of AHM and I was reminded with how good David’s backing guitar/pedal steel was on the original recording. I’m so used to how the BBC sessions and bootlegs from 70-71 sounded that I forgot about that. This would be a nice purchase for anyone to get back into the studio stuff after so much live era listening. Plus, and I’ve spoken about it elsewhere but the 4.0 fold down to stereo mixes of the title track and Alan’s Psychedelic Breakfast are very much worth hearing. Also also, the ‘72 version of AHM at the Amsterdam Rock Circus (which happens to be its last performance) also has some great Gilmour soloing that is closer to his DSOTM style leads than his earlier style so that’s worth listening too as well.
            Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

good chance to have this and good price IMO

Comment

have been looking for the original audio track of this film for a long time (original Television Saitama Broadcast not later overdubbed)

in acceptable quality better then this one is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-YpoTR2I-w

does anyone know where to find ?​

Comment

Originally posted by ruben77 View Post
                  Not exactly a "boxset" but a special package. But it really is something to behold. Very beautiful presentation.

I already have it, so not very interested.

In the Japanese release there was a link to a website where you could get an electronic version of a 56-page Japanese booklet (not included in print) with photos and a couple of short essays and history about the Hakone festival. I wonder if that will also be included, or if it will be translated and included in printed form with this re-release.
                  That link is here:

https://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/In...dite/book.html

Comment

• ruben77
                    ruben77 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Right. That's the one.

**Blu-ray disc featuring newly discovered film of the performance from over 50 years ago.**

This piqued my interest, as is it was intended by the authors.
                  Any word on what it is?

Comment

Originally posted by mark2114 View Post
                    **Blu-ray disc featuring newly discovered film of the performance from over 50 years ago.**

Any word on what it is?
                    15:11 seconds of video. I forget where it comes from.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231026_105601.png
Views:	662
Size:	315.2 KB
ID:	360609
                    Last edited by MrFender; 10-26-2023, 08:36 PM.
                    What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
                    PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
                    Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
                    Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
                    Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

For those interested, there was a discussion at Y! when the Japanese version was released. Here it is: https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...ersary-edition

Comment

Any word on what it is?
                        It is the original AHM film in pristine quality with new audio. MUCH better quality than the next best to my eyes which is from TEY. DG provided the audio but I cannot remember which show it is from.
                        Last edited by MGoBlue1989; 10-26-2023, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I'm probably good with The Early Years copy of the quad mix and the HRV bluray with the live video but this looks like a cool package.

Edit:
                          Yes I am!
                          And now I'm being wrong about the following. They removed the quad program from this cash grab release.

And it's NOT a way to get the original quad mix of the album without having to buy the Early Years set for it. Did they really also include a stereo fold down of the quad mix? That's trashy and gets a demerit if true! GETS 10 DEMERITS NOW But it looks like a cool release of AHM for anyone who passed on the Early Years set. <-Not anymore it doesn't!

This quad mix of the song AHM is the closest you will get to hearing some of their more aggressive live style surround mix play. Especially the sound fx section in the middle. This is the closest thing they released that shows some of this off. So it's unfortunate that you can't hear any of that from this edition.
                          Last edited by jimfisheye; 10-26-2023, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• MGoBlue1989
                            MGoBlue1989 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Unless I completley missed it, there is no quad mix on the original Japanese release only the Immersion studio version and the aforementioned bluray which has two videos... the full "AHM" video in better quality than anywere else and a short video of behind the scenes footage. AHM video clocks in at 16 min 8 sec and has ~24 extra seconds that had never been released before. The behind the scenes footage comes in at 3 min 11 sec.
                            Last edited by MGoBlue1989; 10-26-2023, 10:08 PM.

Any word on what it is?
                          You can see it (plus more) here. https://youtu.be/2X3w2BlXZvQ?si=4oOQQbTKxBcTi8cj

And no, it isn't the full AHM song, PF management just can't identify what they play in their own damn footage so they slap AHM on it and call it a day.
                          - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

• MGoBlue1989
                            MGoBlue1989 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The original footage has always had AHM audio since I first saw it 30ish years ago in extremely poor quality. I'm pretty sure it is the way it was first edited by Japanese TV and broadcast in 80s.. PF Management had nothing to do with that until approached for the 50th anniversary. DG then gave them a tape of a live audio. It is true that the video footage isn't all from AHM though. shuffle synced as much (~1 min 30 sec) of the actual AHM footage when the 50th anniversary set was released.
                            Last edited by MGoBlue1989; 10-28-2023, 01:13 PM.
                        Working...
                        X