Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PULSE - recording locations…is wiki correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PULSE - recording locations…is wiki correct?

Hi all - noting the wiki entry …and on the assumption and understanding this is correct (is this the universally accepted position?), is there any old blog/webpage or anyone in the fan community that provided definitive proof the locations/dates were correct? Especially as there are some Frankensteins with multiple parts used to make up a final ‘track’ too. Was there ever an official word on this from the band/management. Any help appreciated!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse_...Floyd_album%29

I think the last verse of hey you singing by carin, is overdubbed in studio.

Comment

The first time the list may have appeared seems to be issue 37 of the Brain Damage magazine (1995) and it credits Gilmour himself as the source of information. I think that has been strong enough authority to not have been questioned much. However I'm not aware of someone really confirming the information by comparing tapes.

Attached Files
      Last edited by ruben77; 10-26-2023, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• PFC67
        PFC67 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Ruben - really appreciate your quick response - think we have a winner?

I think I remember Gilmour mentioned it in an interview that they mixed notes from different recordings. It was in the four-episodes podcast released previously to The Later Years boxset.

Comment

Originally posted by ruben77 View Post
        The first time the list may have appeared seems to be issue 37 of the Brain Damage magazine (1995) and it credits Gilmour himself as the source of information. I think that has been strong enough authority to not have been questioned much. However I'm not aware of someone really confirming the information by comparing tapes.
        Just a little note I forgot to add earlier: the Gilmour list (let's call it that) may not be exhaustive. Just remember that the very last line of High Hopes ("forever and ever") was not sung at Earls Court on Oct. 20th, as Gilmour changed from standard guitar to lap guitar, but it was sung in pretty much every other show of the tour in other places (and even other Earls Court dates).

So PFC67's original question still is valid: Is Wiki correct? The information printed on Brain Damage magazine may be correct up to certain point (say the bulk or big chunks of each song), but it may be incomplete on details such as those three little words on High Hopes. Or it may all be incorrect. We don't know for certain until someone carefully compares tapes and can prove (or disprove) it.

Comment

Forever and ever is well sung by carin on October 20, we can hear it on the audience version of the concert, like for breathe reprise, but I don't know why we don't hear it on the broadcasting.

Comment

I am sure there could (will?) be tiny nuance snippets that have been “flown in” that will never be fully established, but if anyone has any other angle on these dates - it is almost exclusively the Italy/EC London performances by and large …other than the singular German performance for Keep Talking.

Comment

Working...
            X