X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting

Comment

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post
      So, I messaged the seller asking for more details on the source and this is the response I received:

“Hi There, from what I understand from the label, it's a new source that has been remastered and restored. I can't verify that as I am not too sure about the other available versions of this out there! All the best!”
      "New source" could just mean freshly lifted from here or elsewhere and pressed up on silvers for the first time.

Comment

"restored"... this is JFE's work

Comment

Snagged one on the off chance that it was new, but it sounds like JFE's work with a TON of noise reduction added. Avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by lennyif View Post
            Snagged one on the off chance that it was new, but it sounds like JFE's work with a TON of noise reduction added. Avoid.
            Jesus, still slathering boots with lots of NR huh? That's so 2006 lol. Anyway, thanks for taking the chance on this!

On a completely different subject, has Sigma gone under or did I miss something?
            Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

• buffalofloyd
              buffalofloyd commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey aybesea. I get why Sigma takes a lot of heat, and I agree with most of it. Would it be better if they didn't exist? Maybe, in a perfect world. Since I can't do anything about it and that will likely never happen, I do appreciate the releases they do actual work on, like combining sources to complete shows, speed corrections, the occasional new source, stuff like that. I absolutely do not condone just ripping off a release from here, converting it to redbook, maybe pump the gain a little, then sell it. I don't really have any time for those releases, nor do I actually buy any of these. Just by 2 cents.

• aybesea
              aybesea commented
              Editing a comment
              buffalofloyd, I get it and I'm down with it. Like you said, in a perfect world...

• buffalofloyd
              buffalofloyd commented
              Editing a comment
              Hehe, wasn't trying to be preachy. I was actually agreeing with you
          Working...
          X