Roger's Biography (An analysis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger's Biography (An analysis)

What do you guys think of Roger Water's new biography that he's read from at the Paladium show? I'm still formulating my thoughts.

I really like the name....

Comment

This report indicates it did not go over well..

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-...ndon-palladium

Furious Pink Floyd fans 'walk out' of gig after Roger Waters 'spent an hour reading'

Pink Floyd fans were left fuming during Roger Waters gig held at the London Palladium on Sunday night.

By Michelle Marshall
      15:20, Mon, Oct 9, 2023 | UPDATED: 19:04, Mon, Oct 9, 2023

Roger Waters reportedly spent an hour reading from his unpublished autobiography instead of singing.
      During Sunday evening's gig at the London Palladium, the 80-year-old musician spent the first part of the concert reading and at one point reportedly told hecklers to "f*** off".
      The rocker took to the stage for the first of two intimate live performances of his new album, The Dark Side of the Moon Redux.
      But it was not to everyone's taste as Waters is said to have spent time reading from a laptop, including notes about his pets, including a duck called Donald, which he discussed for 20 minutes - leaving audience members stunned, according to The Daily Mail.
      He said: "If you want to tell stories tell them in your own time to your own audience in your own f***ing theatre. By the way, if you can show constraint and stop shouting again."

Last edited by mark2114; 10-10-2023, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• CosmicWanderer
        CosmicWanderer commented
        Editing a comment
        you can listen in the waters recordings

The other UK papers are equally unimpressed.

Is it a long festering ego in old age?

Comment

Originally posted by mark2114 View Post
        The other UK papers are equally unimpressed.

Is it a long festering ego in old age?
        Listen to the recording shared here and make up your own mind.

Comment

i like it so far. i hope tonight's show was a different reading so we get to hear more of it.

Comment

lies and more lies from those who we know are the owners of the communications... in the recording a mature, respectful and intelligent audience is heard. On the other hand, talking about your experiences I don't think it means an act of ego or vanity (some people should already change the argument). They are just experiences and stories of someone who had those experiences.

Comment

He cant sing anymore, so he reads fantasy stories to his fans and they leave.
              Sounds like great fun !
              Time to hang the mic up Roger.

Comment

Here we all are, arguing whether or not a show none of was at was good or bad :-)

This firsthand report on Reddit ends with:

It was a great night! We all felt that great buzz that you do after a concert and talked about it all night!

I was worried the show would be bad after reading the mirror article but it was brilliant. Apparently Nick Mason was also seen walking into the pilladium to watch the show. Its great to see how they are still freinds! So the moral of the story is.....fuck the media and make your own decions on what you do and don't enjoy!

Comment

Yes, Nick was there - corroborated by several people I know who were present. Very keen security. Too keen.

Comment

If anyone is curious about the duck, here are some photos: https://more-relics.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                    X