Pink Floyd In North America 1966-1983 by Glenn Povey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pink Floyd In North America 1966-1983 by Glenn Povey

If you don't already have a copy of Glenn's book, it is currently discounted at the publisher's UK web site:

https://www.wymeruk.co.uk/webshop/co...y-glenn-povey/

thanks, for the heads up!

Comment

Thanks Studio_Two. Just placed an order for one. Bargain at £20 + £4 p&p.

Comment

Thanks. Postage across the Atlantic is just as much as the book.
        What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
        PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
        Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
        Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
        Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Thanks for the tip ! Just ordered a copy. Glenn Povey is the pre-eminent Floyd author IMHO.

Comment

Somehow many of the books on this site had escaped me. Can anyone here comment on the usefulness or desirability of any of these offerings:
            Pink Floyd - A Foot in the Door
            Pink Floyd : Album by Album by Martin Popoff
            Pink Floyd : Song by Song by Andrew Wild
            Pink Floyd On Track : Every Album, Every Song
            Pink Floyd Live : Collected
            Roger Waters: The Man Behind The Wall by Dave Thompson
            Pink Floyd in the 1970s (Decades)
            Pink Floyd Captured Through Time
            DVD:
            Pink Floyd: The Syd Barrett Experiment​

Your assessments would be appreciated!

On a similar topic, based on a post on R & D I purchased several books by Scott Meze including "Naive Art: A Trippersonic Guide To Pink Floyd." For those who are wondering if this and others of his books are worthwhile, I would have to say I have very mixed feelings about his work. He has clearly dug deeply into one of my favorite topics, that being all things Pink Floyd. I will say he is not shy about sharing his opinions, nor diplomatic in his delivery. At times this made me want to write a review that - while fair - would be scathing down to the level I feel he sometimes stoops. But I really don't want to do that. So I would rather say there are insights to be had if you are willing to overlook what I think of as unnecessary digs at the people and their creations that we so (if not genuinely than) generally love. The appropriate trope would be: your mileage may vary. If there is a specific thread where this short review belongs please post the link here.

Comment

I was looking forward to Glenn Povey's book on the Animals tour, until I read this line in the book's description:

"Animals has enjoyed a legacy – Roger Waters in particular reviving those tracks to shoehorn into his own politically charged live solo shows in recent years..."

Needless to say, it shows his bias and pretty much killed my interest in the book, or anything by him really.

Comment

Originally posted by Journey Man View Post
                Thanks Studio_Two. Just placed an order for one. Bargain at £20 + £4 p&p.
                Mine arrive already. It's a pretty substantial book (very similar in size to Vernon Fitch's "Comfortably Numb").

Comment

• Studio_Two
                  Studio_Two commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I also ordered mine on the 25th. Arrived today.

• Journey Man
                  Journey Man commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just been delivered on the 4th Oct.

• Studio_Two
                  Studio_Two commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great News!

Awesome, thanks for the heads up, ordered.

Comment

Working...
                X