The Dark Side of The Moon standalone blu-ray audio with Dolby Atmos Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dark Side of The Moon standalone blu-ray audio with Dolby Atmos Mix

News over on Superdeluxedition.com abound a forthcoming standalone blu-ray audio with Dolby Atmos mix, released on 13th October.

Check this out at https://www.thesdeshop.com/collectio...olby-atmos-mix

​Edit: Also out on standalone CD and LP
    Last edited by johnjohnstone; 08-30-2023, 04:36 PM.

Glad I waited.

Comment

According to the official site …

Just announced: the stand-alone release of the newly remastered The Dark Side Of The Moon on CD, LP and Blu-ray. These versions, first included in the 50th Anniversary box set, are released Oct 13th. The Blu-ray contains the Dolby Atmos & 5.1 Surround mixes as well as the remastered Stereo version, and comes with commemorative postcards, stickers and a 24-page booklet.

Comment

Still thinking about the boxset ... But these standalone will certainly made me change my mind.

Comment

Is this better than the 5.1 mix in the immersion set? Wonder if this is worth picking up, thanks.

Comment

• daemonspudguy
            daemonspudguy commented
            Editing a comment
            Probably somewhat, but if you already have the Immersion set it probably won't be worth the money unless your sound setup doesn't support Dolby Digital and only does Atmos.

• lvri
            lvri commented
            Editing a comment
            daemonspudguy : if a sound system support Atmos, it will support all multicanal mix given that Atmos is "just" an addition of speaker to a multicanal.
            Dolby digital is support by nearly every system. A CD is already in dolby digital.

Edit : my english is not perferct, hope i'm clear :-)

It really hurts the eyes to look at that cover for more than three seconds. Storm is dearly missed 😑

Attached Files
          Last edited by ruben77; 08-31-2023, 12:58 AM.

Comment

The Dark Side of The Moon (50th Anniversary Atmos Remix) https://amzn.eu/d/23Akj7Q

its £15.99 now on Amazon uK

Comment

Originally posted by mekmad View Post
              Is this better than the 5.1 mix in the immersion set? Wonder if this is worth picking up, thanks.
              Thanks. I'll probably just buy it again because I'm a sucker. The Animals one sounds pretty great.

Comment

Looks very nice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PinkFloyd_TDSOTM_50th_AtomsMix_3Dpackshot-1392x1044.jpg
Views:	942
Size:	328.0 KB
ID:	357713

Comment

again nothing is clear

5.1 Surround Mix - is this 2003 mix or just Atmos remux ?

Comment

I think the 5.1 is the downmix of the atmos. So, it's the 2023 mix.

Comment

Originally posted by svaerige View Post
                      again nothing is clear

5.1 Surround Mix - is this 2003 mix or just Atmos remux ?
                      The 5.1 surround mix is the same as on the 2003 SACD and Immersion Blu-ray. It's NOT a fold down of the Atmos mix.

Comment

• svaerige
                        svaerige commented
                        Editing a comment
                        many thanks

Originally posted by rontoon View Post

The 5.1 surround mix is the same as on the 2003 SACD and Immersion Blu-ray. It's NOT a fold down of the Atmos mix.
                      Putting here for confirmation but I believe to be correct:

DSOTM 50th CD and LP - 2023 remaster
                      Wembley CD and LP - 2023 remaster
                      5.1 surround - 2003 SACD mix (same as Immersion)
                      Atmos - 2023 mix.

The Atmos mix folds down to a 5.1 mix that is different than 2003 but it is only a result of processing on systems that can't decode Atmos.
                      Last edited by MGoBlue1989; 09-02-2023, 02:43 PM. Reason: Corrected terminology

Comment

[QUOTE=MGoBlue1989;n357734]I read somewhere the Atmos mix folds down to a 5.1 mix that is different than 2003 but I don't have anything to play the Atmos mix with to confirm... yet./QUOTE]

yes - there is a function to play Atmos mix as 5.1 fold down on 50th anniversary release

Comment

Thanks Rontoon for the information.
                          svaerige : every atmos mix has a downmix. In general, this is 7.1 mix, but there is no rule. So, for sure, if your system does not have an atmos system, the downmix will replace the atmos.

Comment

• svaerige
                            svaerige commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I understand

nevertheless

in fact this means that on the new release we have two quite different 5.1 mixes
                        Working...
                        X