Clear All

NEW Pink Floyd 8mm Footage from Holland Pop Festival 1970 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9dRp8g0g4w&t=5s

they are not 8mm footage​

Comment

• Eugene79
      Eugene79 commented
      Editing a comment
      The uploaders description: Pink Floyd Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun, live at the 'Kralingense Bos' Music Festival in Rotterdam, The Netherlands on 28 June 1970. Shot on a Paillard Bolex L8 double 8mm Cine Movie Film Camera YVAR 12 5mm f2 8 lens With Focus Ring 0.

• karol
      karol commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes....sorry....they are alternate shots....

Great find!
    btw, there are some other rare (non-PF) videos on that YT channel. Worth checking.

Comment

Holy SHIT!!!!

I'm out for the day, but I'll be sure to begin syncing this when I get home tonight. Thanks for sharing!!!
      - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Nice find!

Always surprises me to see how many people are sitting at the side or even behind the players on the stage at some of these early 70s festivals.

Comment

audio track is the same as in old video is

Comment

I like the way Nick and Rick keep taking their jackets and hats on and off. They were always doing that back in the day and never missed a beat ;-)

Comment

Beautiful! Thanks for letting us know.
              Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! It's really good footage, looks professional. He's clearly moving around a lot, so my guess would be that we're seeing at least a couple of songs*. Wonder if he shot this as a total amateur, or if he was getting coverage ("B roll"? I don't really know about this stuff) for a TV report or something. He's shared a few other bits from the same festival, and the Floyd footage is the longest. The audio is from "Stamping Ground" (stated in the video description), but it seems to synch up as Roger attacks the gong around the 2 minute mark, which was a nice touch.

*Seeing as there are only two Floyd numbers featured in the official film, maybe these were pre-approved for cameras, so we're seeing bits of STC and ASOS?

Comment

Ah, another dropped Nick mason drumstick caught on film at 2:41. Haha

Very cool footage. thanks for sharing!

Comment

I've reached out to the filmer privately, in hopes of getting the raw digitization. It seems that the YouTube upload is cut with random frames appearing every so often, out of order shots, and you can see a fade to a shot of the gong before the COPYRIGHT credit at the end. Hopefully I can get this, because this film is fantastic! If all goes well, I'd love to also request a re-scan, but...WE WILL SEE. Just have to be patient.

I began syncing the film. There is a shot of the start to Astronomy, a shot in Green Is The Colour, A LOT of Set The Controls, and various shots from beside Rick that I will need to identify. Could be AHM, who knows. As long as this thread doesn't get taken down, I'd be happy to share the updates I receive and can post here.

Incase anybody messages me requesting a link for the full sync; it will appear in this thread when I'm done with it (if there are no violations of copyright). Thanks again for spreading the footage to this platform!

Comment

• Anredeon
                      Anredeon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      From what wonderful planet are You from?;-) Thanks man.

• NuffM
                      NuffM commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Anredeon thanks!

Nice!
                    And especially nice because this was the first PF show I attended...
                    The Pink Floyd Archive

Comment

• Simond
                      Simond commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Come on, Dick, I'd certainly be interested in hearing any memories you have of those earlier gigs.

• blauwdruk
                      blauwdruk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I will dig into my memory, once I've completed the Archive...

• Anredeon
                      Anredeon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Blauwdruk, that seems like a dreamwishlist.

Having grown up on dodgy 8mm transfers of films projected into white walls and re-filmed (plus a couple of generations of VHS transfer) this is really nice stuff! A nicely grainy, detailed look at Pink Floyd on the job in the early '70s.

Comment

I watched the sync of astronomy... and set the controls... on instagram! Just perfect Nuffm! Thank you very much! I hope I can download this (and the footage from Montreal... and the short videos from The Wall tour!)
                      Congratulations and thank you so much again for the great work and dedication!!​

Comment

Originally posted by goguilorenzo View Post
                        I watched the sync of astronomy... and set the controls... on instagram! Just perfect Nuffm! Thank you very much! I hope I can download this (and the footage from Montreal... and the short videos from The Wall tour!)
                        Congratulations and thank you so much again for the great work and dedication!!​
                        Thank you so much!!! This film is really fun to sync. All I have left is the various shots of Rick, which I believe are all Atom Heart Mother. No colouring process necessary, and the film is pretty stable by itself. So, once the sync is done, I can just have it upscaled and posted to YouTube this weekend probably. I hope!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X