If Gilmour joined Mason …

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Gilmour joined Mason …

If, by some miracle, Gilmour appeared on stage one night to sing a song with Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets, what do you think he would sing/ play and what would you like to hear him sing/ play from the set list? For me, I’d like to hear him do Childhood’s End, or Green is the Colour.

Saucerful, purely because I think it would be really funny considering he vetoed performing it 1987 because he thought it was "too archaic" sounding.
    Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
    Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
    Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
    Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

• DesertRat
      DesertRat commented
      Editing a comment
      That would genuinely be great!

Imagine seeing them do Echoes together? Personally I think it would be something like Arnold Layne or Astronomy Domine.

Comment

He said no to Echoes without Rick. Wouldn't do it even at Pompeii show which should have been mandatory.

I would say Childhood's End which he wrote. And it would have to be 1972 St. Ouen funky version as well.
      What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
      PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
      Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
      Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
      Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Originally posted by DesertRat View Post
        If, by some miracle, Gilmour appeared on stage one night to sing a song with Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets,...
        Gilmour+Mason would technically make it a Pink Floyd reunion

Comment

Pretty sure he would play One of these days...

Comment

Or AHM?

Best
            Skinny
            FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
            Youtube
            Apple Podcast
            Amazon Music
            Spotify
            Deezer
            Facebook

Comment

Fat Old Sun
              We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

Well, if we're dreaming then let's dream big... Dave is there for the entire show and has so much fun that they decide to add him as a permanent third guitar player. Then they bust out Crumbling Land, The Narrow Way, and the Main Theme from More. For an encore, they dedicate Echoes to Rick and do a bang up 30 minute version.
                Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

David sings "If" after teaming up with Nick. This is really a dream!!!
                  We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

Actually i asked Lee about it off record. He was, let’s say, not too optimistic about the possibility even though they had a very nice and friendly contact about something (specific).

Best
                    Skinny
                    FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
                    Youtube
                    Apple Podcast
                    Amazon Music
                    Spotify
                    Deezer
                    Facebook

Comment

If he really surprised us all and made a cameo, my hope is that he would sing a couple of songs. I'd love to hear him sing Burning Bridges and Childhoods End, that would be epic!
                      If he came in and did Celestial Voices my head would explode!! I absolutely love that piece, it's probably my most favorite moment in the entire history of Pink Floyd, and my favorite version is from the Kralingen Festival because it goes on forever It's the perfect climax!

Comment

I was hoping to see David come out to the Royal Albert Hall show. If it didn't happen then, I can't see it being very likely at all...

Comment

• daemonspudguy
                          daemonspudguy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No one ever thought Roger would do it until he suddenly did.
                      Working...
                      X