Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terminal Frost (DYOL Mix); does it exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminal Frost (DYOL Mix); does it exist?

Having thrown into Audacity the version of Terminal Frost from One Slip, and a file marked Terminal Frost (DYOL Mix) which I think came from the Learning To Fly CD single (which I no longer own), they are, with some interesting exceptions* pretty much identical. The idea of DYOL was 'Do Your Own Lead' (i.e. play your own guitar part, and DG's lead guitar part was supposed to be absent) but the only part I can hear that's really different is less of a saxophone solo around 3:30.

So, is this just a mislabelling and the other Terminal Frost on Learning To Fly is the DYOL Mix (again, I no longer have the single so can't check)? Or did they just not turn the right fader down and forgot to check?

*the primary differences are that there's no fade-in on the One Slip B-side, and it's mastered at a lower volume. They're also not entirely in sync, so probably came from two separate analogue masters.

Originally posted by A Prick Like You View Post
    Having thrown into Audacity the version of Terminal Frost from One Slip, and a file marked Terminal Frost (DYOL Mix) which I think came from the Learning To Fly CD single (which I no longer own), they are, with some interesting exceptions* pretty much identical. The idea of DYOL was 'Do Your Own Lead' (i.e. play your own guitar part, and DG's lead guitar part was supposed to be absent) but the only part I can hear that's really different is less of a saxophone solo around 3:30.

So, is this just a mislabelling and the other Terminal Frost on Learning To Fly is the DYOL Mix (again, I no longer have the single so can't check)? Or did they just not turn the right fader down and forgot to check?

*the primary differences are that there's no fade-in on the One Slip B-side, and it's mastered at a lower volume. They're also not entirely in sync, so probably came from two separate analogue masters.
    it was just another epic fail of PF staff

Comment

Who's PF Staff?

Comment

PF Staff, RESPOND!!!
        We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

Pink Floyd does NOT exist anymore (see "Disc Japan" post). So, no PF Staff anymore ... ;-)
          Last edited by Floydophile; 08-04-2023, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Easy, easy... let's all be calm and sensible...
            The Pink Floyd Archive

Comment

... and responsible

Comment

Working...
              X