Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish You Were Here Era Songs, Proof of their existence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish You Were Here Era Songs, Proof of their existence?

In this old post from Y! OP mentions that "Flight From Reality" and "Pawn to King Five" are unreleased songs written during the WYWH era, the latter supposedly mentioned by Waters in an interview. What is the interview in which Roger supposedly mentions the song? And where does "Flight From Reality" originate from? I have never heard of these tunes prior to stumbling upon the post. Are they actual songs recorded but left unreleased, or only rumored to exist?

Post in question: https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...opped-the-ball

I used to I have a music newspaper page from 1975 where Roger is quoted saying he had written a new number called Flight From Reality which he describes as "Very Strange". It also mentions building a black polystyrene. Wall between the audience and band and this is earliest mention for The Wall.

Comment

Pawn To King Five is a Ballet:

1968-12-04 [___] Jeanetta Cochrane Theatre, Long Acre, London, England Pink FloydPawn To King 5
      Ballet Rambert, a John Chesworth production

Tracks:
      01 – A Saucerful Of Secrets
      02 – Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
      03 – Corporal Clegg

No recordings

Also staged on December 5th, 6th and 7th 1968; nothing new there..
      The Pink Floyd Archive

Comment

A live Corporal Clegg would be very interesting to hear!

Comment

I had an interesting thought about Corporal Clegg if it was done in the style of the Embryo on the Harvest Sampler. I think it would be really cool if it was all eerie and mellowed out.
          Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

Working...
          X