WYWH 50th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WYWH 50th Anniversary

It’s a couple of years off but nevertheless… now we know what the DSOTM 50th anniversary edition has - what sort of treatment do you all think WYWH might get? A surround sound remix and re-release of Wembley 1974 tracks from the immersion set?

Probably a re-release of the latest remaster, a book, a DVD, and a $500 price tag.
    Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Originally posted by aybesea View Post
      Probably a re-release of the latest remaster, a book, a DVD, and a $500 price tag.
      And a shitty re-release of Set 1 at Wembley with a subpar remaster! 🤣
      - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Originally posted by aybesea View Post
        Unrealistically low price, but I want to make a mistake=)
        We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

I expect the Japanese to release yet another pretty 7-inch sleeve presentation of the SACD with photobook and goodies in the same fashion as they have done with Atom Heart Mother and Dark Side. It surely will be better (and cheaper) than any official anniversary boxset release.

Comment

I don't expect anything interesting anymore, especially for wywh.
            Already in the immersion there was almost nothing, I'm done telling myself on the way out that there will be a live and some outtakes that are worth it.
            and above all I'm tired of sound gadgets that after 2 plays are forgotten (atmos, 5.1, 360, dolby, hi res, etc....)

the only thing that interests me and that will never happen are the 20 soundboards recorded to make the album pulse...​

Comment

It'll be yet another useless remaster but it won't hurt as much as the Dark Side one because I really can't think of any WYWH material that hasn't come out yet. (I'd love another Household Objects track though)

Comment

Originally posted by keleven View Post
                It'll be yet another useless remaster but it won't hurt as much as the Dark Side one because I really can't think of any WYWH material that hasn't come out yet. (I'd love another Household Objects track though)
                How about some of the unreleased Video-Tape-Recordings of the 75 shows? Obviously these weren't filmed multi-angle with several cameras, and instead just one near the back or side, but I want to see a complete 75 show goddamnit!!! No matter how near or how far.
                - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

mmmmm Honestly, I no longer expect anything interesting, beyond the typical remastering.

Comment

It could be great to see one day some release like the ones from Marillion or Jethro Tull.
                    Boxset with the size of a book. CD with original mix and new one. Live CD. Bluray with multicanal sound and some videos (documentary, short films from concert, even a live, no matter about the quality...). But it will never happen...
                    It will be another big box with CD, DVD, Bluray including the same thing (with specific sound depending of the disc) and a photo book .... And marbles !

Comment

I’m content with my Immersion set. No amount of touched-up demos we’ve already heard or giant photo books of Roger leaning his head on the mixing console would make whatever exorbitant price tag worthwhile for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ruben77 View Post
                        I expect the Japanese to release yet another pretty 7-inch sleeve presentation of the SACD with photobook and goodies in the same fashion as they have done with Atom Heart Mother and Dark Side. It surely will be better (and cheaper) than any official anniversary boxset release.
                        I hope you are right can’t see it they didn’t go to Japan in 1975 no memorabilia to reproduce not like 1971 and 1972 there is already a SACD out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilmourisgod View Post

I hope you are right can’t see it they didn’t go to Japan in 1975 no memorabilia to reproduce not like 1971 and 1972 there is already a SACD out.
                          This refers to the availability of new material=)
                          We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

Working...
                          X