X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is There Anybody Out There? - revisited

The German Wikipedia says the following:

-----

In July 2005, Is There Anybody Out There? was reissued in the USA and Canada because Columbia Records had lost the production recordings. James Guthrie and Joel Plante created new masters, whereupon the indication "mastered by" in the booklet in the reissue was changed from "Doug Sax" to "James Guthrie & Joel Plante".

-----

Can someone explain to me what that was all about?

The album was released in 2000 in Europe, USA, Japan and in the rest of the world. The CD production data must have been available at the pressing plants at least three times, in Europe, USA as well as in Japan.

Which production data or "recordings"? exactly got lost at that time? And why did they have to row back so far and recreate new masters?

I assume that the 2012 version of the Immersion Boxset is a remastered version from this 2005 recreation, correct?
    Last edited by Pittylabelle; 06-21-2023, 03:02 PM.

A fucking time machine. The period from the release of the album in 2000 to today 2023 is now already longer than the period from the original concerts in 1980/81 to the release in 2000.

Comment

In the meantime we continue waiting for the footage from 80/81 concerts! some day!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Plakat 2000.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	528.0 KB
ID:	353404 This is one of the promo motifs of the German EMI large-scale posters for the album "Is There Anybody Out There" released in 2000.

In this case the poster hangs in the train station Münster, Germany. I had entrusted a friend at the time to take me photos of these posters.

Digital cameras were not yet available for the average consumer. The image is therefore a 100% analog scan from the negative.

Whether the normal Münsteraner understood that at the time? Had the marketing department therefore done a good job? I don't think so. The normal viewer must have been quite perplexed.

For me as a Pink Floyd fan, however, it was as clear as day.
        Last edited by Pittylabelle; 07-01-2023, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• Edufloyd
          Edufloyd commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool shot!!!!!!

Here is another shot ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bild 2b - 1476 x 1016.jpg Views:	0 Size:	600.8 KB ID:	353947

Comment

Working...
        X