How many versions is enough? (Poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many versions is enough? (Poll)

With the recent Dark Side of the Moon 50th celebration(?) release, the question is:

How many studio versions of Dark Side do you own?

Each CD, cassette, vinyl, 8-track, reel-to-reel, etc counts. Bonus points for some other really odd-ball format.
    0 -1 (Liar)
    15.63%
    2 - 4 (i thought this was the Genesis forum)
    25.00%
    5 - 7 (are you really a PF fan?)
    3.13%
    8 - 11 ( just an average R&D member)
    35.94%
    12 - 15 (now we're getting somewhere)
    7.81%
    16 - 20 (it's like Pokemon, gotta catch them all)
    3.13%
    21 - 30 (I have that half-speed, quadraphonic, MFSL master released only in Sri Lanka)
    6.25%
    30 or more (i might have a problem)
    3.13%
    What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
    PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
    Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
    Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
    Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

I have 24 in my sorted folders. I may have more that aren't sorted yet.
    Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

I have enough to not remember offhand exactly how many. Had to check my Discogs list.

Comment

Fun poll! Clarifying question, is this only physical formats? (do the cassette rips I only have digital copies of count, or no?)
        Roger Waters
        - Las Vegas MGM Grand 2010-11-26
        - Las Vegas T-Mobile Arena 2017-06-16
        - Salt Lake City Vivint Arena 2022-09-08

David Gilmour
        - Los Angeles Hollywood Bowl 2016-03-25

Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets
        - Denver Paramount Theatre 2022-10-20​

Comment

• MrFender
          MrFender commented
          Editing a comment
          If they're distinctly different copies, why not? It just adds to all of our collective insanity.

• CelestialVoices
          CelestialVoices commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay! Potentially moves me up a tier haha

Sorry, why would you want more than one? Surely it’s the music rather than the medium it’s delivered on? I have one copy but I still prefer Tour 72

Comment

I have 46 'rips' on my DSOTM folder, plus the Immersion and Experience on CD and a very old Vynyl which I still conserve because it was the first ever format on which I listened the album for the first time so that makes 49 different 'versions' of the album .
          If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Pink Floyd tradelist // Oasis tradelist

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	22.0 KB ID:	352975​
            Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	13.2 KB ID:	352976
            Some are repeated because they are different rips of the same source I suppose so let's round up to 40 or maybe less.
            Last edited by gotta_be_crazy; 06-17-2023, 12:07 AM.
            If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Pink Floyd tradelist // Oasis tradelist

Comment

Well, i voted 8, because those are the physical ones, but I have like 10 more variations in flac... Maybe I should keep thinning out my collection. That's wholly unnecessary. haha

Comment

I voted 12-14, right now the recent 24 bit 96K Stereo Remaster of the 50th is my favorite version. They did a great job on that, the tonality is perfect and while it is not a remix a ton of new details have come out and I like the flow and tone of it.

Comment

1 (immersion 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Hallucalation View Post
                    1 (immersion 2011)
                    If you have the 2011 Immersion boxset, then you already own three different studio versions: Stereo, Quad, and 5.1. Actually six, since they are duplicated on the DVD and the Blu-ray... plus the stereo CD that adds up to seven.

Comment

Originally posted by ruben77 View Post

If you have the 2011 Immersion boxset, then you already own three different studio versions: Stereo, Quad, and 5.1. Actually six, since they are duplicated on the DVD and the Blu-ray... plus the stereo CD that adds up to seven.
                      Sorry, meant Experience edition. Just 2 CD set (second CD is Wembley show)

Comment

And 9 of WYWH...🤪

Comment

Working...
                        X