• Show
Clear All

The Wall, Uncirculated Tapes

Click image for larger version

Name:	1980-02-25 Tapes And Ticket.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	333276

it looks like there may be 5 more recorders of The Wall shows that have never been shared. i just saw in the Pink Floyd Collectors FB page, a post in which this picture was shared and a member made a post stating that his brother has their tapes from the 5 nights they recorded. it looks like Phil Salathe, is trying to lend a hand in acquiring them.

also, the person who made the original post is looking to do a fresh transfer of his tape, he believes it to be [R3].

i love how these new recorders are still out there, hopefully they see the light of day.

That is great news!

Comment

Thank you for the good news!

Gems continue to appear, I'm sure there are still a lot of them​ =)
      We were all on the same page

TBS14

Comment

Awesome! thanks! Do you know what dates were recorded apart from February 25?

Comment

• Llama
          Llama commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe all of the Nassau dates from that tour.... if I remember correctly.

amazing!! wooow

Comment

The same gentleman who recorded this tape also taped what is labeled Recorder 7 for Roger's 07-21-1984 show in New Jersey. The person in the comments who has recordings of this date and the other Nassau dates is a separate person, I believe. Interested to see if these turn up !
          Go Fishing, My Boy...

Comment

• Llama
            Llama commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, when I was reading it I saw the original poster wanted to do a fresh transfer on his tape pictured. Then, the other gentleman posted about his 5 unreleased recordings his brother has in his possession.

• UnwoundBob'85
            UnwoundBob'85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Always excited to see more people discuss recordings they made. It's all pieces of concert archaeology!

My team has tried to reach out to the fellow in the comments in the distant past. Unfortunately, his brother appears to be a very difficult person to deal with, making professional transfers of his tapes impossible right now. That isn't to say they will never see the light of day because I think Werblun is willing, but currently, I think it's too much to ask.

He also taped every tri-state area Floyd show from 75-77. It would be really cool to have these. One day hopefully
          - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

I'm confused.
            These are the Lost Brook tapes Rec 3?
            It therefore is circulated but there will be a new transfer?
            Yes, there are 6 known recorders of this show.
            Cheers

Comment

The tapes you mentioned have been transferred, yes. However, in the post another person mentioned having had a brother who recorded a number of Wall shows and NuffM is saying said taper seems to have little interest in transferring his tapes or having them transferred.

Comment

• NuffM
                NuffM commented
                Editing a comment
                Almost there. The commenter himself taped these shows, but his brother has the tapes and is difficult to negotiate with. I assume Werblun is willing to transfer them if he had them because he has spoken positively about his recordings and he sounded willing to share them when we chatted with him months ago. It's just his brother, really.

Thanks for the correction!

Comment

Cheers Deep Creatures
                Gotcha.
                This is indeed good news

Comment

Originally posted by NuffM View Post
                  My team has tried to reach out to the fellow in the comments in the distant past. Unfortunately, his brother appears to be a very difficult person to deal with, making professional transfers of his tapes impossible right now. That isn't to say they will never see the light of day because I think Werblun is willing, but currently, I think it's too much to ask.

He also taped every tri-state area Floyd show from 75-77. It would be really cool to have these. One day hopefully
                  After re-listening to Nassau Day 2 '75, MSG 7/2, and Nassau 2/25 and 2/28/80 recently I too would like to hear those one day as well
                  Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

Working...
                  X