PF - Hot Take #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PF - Hot Take #1

What is a Hot Take? A Hot Take is a bold, maybe even stupid or super smart claim which can be voted for (or against) but -of course- dicussed about!

So, Hot Take #1

Pink Floyd will not release anything fresh or unknown from now one ever again but maintain to put out useless releases to get our money!
    1 - Stupid, never true!
    3.23%
    2 - Maybe, but unlikely!
    14.52%
    3 - Not sure
    30.65%
    4 - Positive!
    24.19%
    5 - So true, 100%!
    27.42%
    FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
    Youtube
    Apple Podcast
    Amazon Music
    Spotify
    Deezer
    Facebook

I think as long as they are still alive we won't get anything new. After that the floodgates will open. Unless they destroy the archives before that we will get tons of stuff in super expensive deluxe boxes. Maybe not streaming since there doesn't seem to be much money in it.

Unless of course they sell the catalog to a hedge fund. Then it can happen sooner.

just my thoughts

Comment

I honestly do not think their is a whole lot left to put out, we really have gotten a TON or archive stuff over the last 15 years and stuff we never thought would every come out, like household objects, John Lathem, 1967 Swedish live show etc.

Comment

It depends on your definition of 'Fresh' and 'Unknown'.

Was 'The Endless River' either of those?
        Pink Floyd - December 8th, 1987 - Seattle Kingdome

Comment

Great way to restart the forum!

Comment

I can't imagine a hedge fund being much better with the catalog, in fact it would probably make the problem worse because capitalism be like that.
            Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
            Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
            Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
            Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Originally posted by daemonspudguy View Post
              I can't imagine a hedge fund being much better with the catalog, in fact it would probably make the problem worse because capitalism be like that.
              The only thing that something like that might help with if if the Band are holding stuff back because they do not personally like it but a company just wants a profit so they might push out every little scrap of archive audio or video in hopes of making more money.

One of the few times I'm on the side of companies pushing for profit to just release every little scrap PF Archives still has that is not being circulated.

Comment

With the current Dave-Rog situation, will there be ANY agreement on "new" releases?
                Good Lord, it's Kitty Carlisle! And she's packing heat! - Crow T. Robot

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
                PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
                Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
                Rog - Aug 20, 2020, Atlanta (Taped)
                Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Originally posted by MrFender View Post
                  With the current Dave-Rog situation, will there be ANY agreement on "new" releases?
                  apparently they agree that they hate everything pre-Meddle (except 'set the controls' which rog still plays),* so we'll only see that stuff after they've all died. as for anything post-Meddle, we've pretty much got it all, i think. although i would LOVE for david and nick to release a special boxset of just instrumental versions of all the albums! i wonder if we all send in a request to his various social media sites for this, if maybe he'd entertain the idea... if only to ruffle that other old crow's feathers!

*not counting syd's stuff. i mean just the gilmour era.
                  Last edited by geoffers; 02-26-2023, 12:45 PM.
                  ...Raving and Drooling I fell on my Arse with a Squelch...

Comment

Sense to me that the only way we will see new official material is if the catalog gets sold to a 3rd party... and that's a shame.
                    Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Originally posted by MrFender View Post
                      My hope of something new - read ‘unreleased' - lies with the Earls Court 1980-81 Wall footage that we do know exists. Is it known whether or not such a release would still require agreement between them or is Waters able to release it as per the agreement they reached in the 80s whereby he has sole control of The Wall material?
                      When he finally stops touring, he might play this one-upmanship card knowing it may annoy Gilmour, although I seem to recall he would be happy for it to be released anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by swanlee View Post
                        I honestly do not think their is a whole lot left to put out, we really have gotten a TON or archive stuff over the last 15 years and stuff we never thought would every come out, like household objects, John Lathem, 1967 Swedish live show etc.
                        Sorry man, strong disagree. We have gotten a good amount when you round it up to the last 2 decades, sure — but a ton, A TON of stuff is still being hoarded by them.

Comment

Originally posted by Melvin (That's The Name) View Post

Sorry man, strong disagree. We have gotten a good amount when you round it up to the last 2 decades, sure — but a ton, A TON of stuff is still being hoarded by them.
                          Maybe because I'm mainly interested in 1965-1970 but I don't think their is a whole lot confirmed to be in the wild or in the hands of the band from that period that we don't already have in some form. I'm sure their are scraps here and there but I think we have already gotten the mother load from that era from the band and also known sources that are in the hands of collectors. Stuff is out their but I do not think it is hugely significant.

If someone knows a real run down of what is confirmed to exists but has not circulate yet that might be useful info.
                          Last edited by swanlee; 02-26-2023, 03:28 PM.

Comment

So true, 100%!
                            Don't be afraid, it's only business!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by swanlee View Post

Stuff is out their but I do not think it is hugely significant.
                              there are definitely still a lot of people who want every single possible scrap, and business people who will jump at the chance to take their money. maybe not the current floyd guys, but down the road? absolutely...

...Raving and Drooling I fell on my Arse with a Squelch...

Comment

Working...
                              X