Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Syds pics

Find it today on FB.

"Two new (old) photos of Syd Barrett from the early 1970s have been found and shared. The images see him happy and in good health RIP you crazy diamond.. Thanks to Steve Bobinski, Eleonora Siatoni. (Fabrizio Villa, his group and Mario Arnold Layne.)"Click image for larger version

Name:	346989512_910393216699281_932128841605295183_n.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	313914
    Attached Files

Thanks for sharing but they actually make me feel quite sad. Such a raw talent and still a very young man, everything in those shots suggest in many ways that he is not in a very good place.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
      Seeing that PATGOD record on the stack on the floor behind him on the 2nd photo makes me wonder how was his relation to the album on the days when the photo was taken.

Comment

Really nice to see these. It seem to be the Earls Court flat (per Madcap sleeve), so presumably 1969/70.

Comment

• Edufloyd
          Edufloyd commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought the same

It's definitely in the Earl's Court/Wetherby Mansions room. Looking forward to every item being identified, but for now I can only ID the butterfly chair, The Piper album. I can't find the exact date he moved out, but it seems to be by May-July 1970.

Do these pics exist in higher resolution? What's the YALE box? A new lock perhaps?

Comment

Is that the back cover of Piper? I don't think I've ever seen it on vinyl.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankymole View Post
            Is that the back cover of Piper? I don't think I've ever seen it on vinyl.
            Yes, that is the back of a Piper LP. Too bad the photo doesn't show more detail - really wanted to know if Syd preferred stereo or mono PATGOD!

Comment

Working...
            X