Best of Each Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of Each Tour

I’m 100% certain this has been done before on Y! but has anyone thought about doing a best of compilation for various tours? I was thinking to do two comps, one for the best quality versions of songs and one for the best performances of songs. Each comp would be created to mimic a typical set list for the corresponding tour. I’ve been thinking about this more as I listen back to the Floyd perform even things like DSOTM from 72-75 and how it fluctuates in gradual and sometimes larger amounts.
    Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Adding some additional thoughts. Since more and more remasters and polishing of boots have been becoming increasingly available especially with the advent of noise reduction technology and discovery of new tapes I thought this would be a good time to bring up this topic.
    Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

I've thought about doing one of these so many times. Then I get intimidated and drop it on the floor.
      Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Great idea.

Comment

Hi,
          this is a lovely idea and i tried this so many times!

But i think one of the main reasons i love PF so much is: I just can not pick THE ONE best…my list would have 5 CWTAE, 3 OOTD, 6 FOS etc…

Best
          Nils

P.S. Jim did it on the BEST OF NORTH AMERICA TOUR 1977 and got mad about it….so many options…
          FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
          Youtube
          Apple Podcast
          Amazon Music
          Spotify
          Deezer
          Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X