Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Shows Would You Choose To Have A High Quality Recording From?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to mention it but I'd kill for the 28 minute version of Embryo with great quality
    that was pretty avant-garde, wasn't it?

Comment

• Anredeon
      Anredeon commented
      Editing a comment
      I suppose that version is a killerversion for you;-)

It would have to be the Games For May show in 1967 or, failing that, Blackpool Nov 67 early show

Comment

Any of the 66 or 67 UFO shows in complete form in audio and video. We have very little of Pink Floyd at Syd's prime at the UFO, we are really missing out on that.

Also why on Earth did the band NOT record the Games for May show? Their first big show billed as a multi media experience all these crazy stories about props on stage and mass amount of bubbles floating during the show and yet the band never even bother to record it in any way shape or form. At least the pictures of the show look cool.

So UFO shows and the Games for May show, a huge gap in the Pink Floyd library that would add a ton to the bands early years.

Also the Technicolor Dream show, gees we know it was recorded, we have lots of video from the event minus Floyd and we even have a pic of a camera man on stage right in front of Syd.

Syd ERA Floyd live is really cursed as far as how we lost out on so many chances to record them at their prime early on.
      Last edited by swanlee; 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I'd love for the August 31st, 1970 Medicine Ball Caravan show that occurred in Kent near Cantebury. Show was recorded professionally but never saw the light of day. Pink Floyd said it was one of their best performances. The Faces performed before them and it was a very small crowd. Read the recollections on the link page; what a show for the lucky few.

https://www.ukrockfestivals.com/medi...20caravan.html

Comment

• Anredeon
          Anredeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah the mythical Canterburyshow. For a very long time I didn´t even know of that date. I studied back in the day Vernon Fitch´s Encyclopedia religiously and this date was never mentioned there in the datelists.

• Blackstrat
          Blackstrat commented
          Editing a comment
          Wait a minute...Wasn't David famously doing Hendrix's front of house sound on the Isle of Wight on the 31st?

edit: ah, Wikipedia reckons Hendrix played early hours of 31st rather than the evening of 31st...
          Last edited by Blackstrat; 05-11-2023, 07:34 PM.

1968.06.29 Hyde Park
        1968.11.27 Keele
        1969.04.14 Festival Hall (and any of the other Man/Journey shows)
        1969.11.01 Manchester
        Any of the January/February/December 1970 shows
        ts

Comment

• Anredeon
          Anredeon commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, indeed a Sysyphus from ´69! Their only known live rendition ranks (if rankings are possible) in my top 5 of the most dramatic pieces they ever played. Incredible dynamics. They were still so young men then and they did it like some old maestros.

• Simond
          Simond commented
          Editing a comment
          No Sysyphus at that Keele show. Think you got the wrong date.

• DeepCreatures
          DeepCreatures commented
          Editing a comment
          My bad - was going off the old In the Flesh book and not the updated ones! Thanks for the correction. Fine - I take Keele back then!

Selfish, I know, but would love a superb recording of the one and only PF show I ever attended. Adelaide, Feb 11 1988. There is a vinyl rip (maybe VG+) with part of Shine On missing, so I should be grateful ... but would love to have a better version!

Comment

Oh man, there's so many.

For the sake of importance, I would really love prestine AUDs of some Wall concerts, specifically the obvious February 11th 1980, August 8th 1980 and June 13th 1981. As well as Philly/Atlanta 1973, for the sole purpose of the 8mm films.

But for my own actual enjoyment, Santa Monica 1970, Zurich 1972, March 6th 1973, April 27th 1975 (the good recording has weird problems with David's guitar), January 23rd 1977, May 12th 1977, June 15th 1977, just to name a good handful. Realistically, most of my picks gotta be shows from 1970-1973. To me, that was their absolute golden prime.
          - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

A show with both Syd and David.

Comment

The Brighton Arts Festival from 1968-05-12 would be quite interesting, since reliable reports indicate that the band played It Would Be So Nice. Now that'd be wild to hear!​

Comment

• Anredeon
                Anredeon commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, a 15 minutes version with a long psychedelic jam in the middle. Would be nice indeed.

A high quality Hakone Aphrodite would be awesome.
              Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
              Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
              Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
              Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

• Anredeon
                Anredeon commented
                Editing a comment
                For me all these Hakone recorders are quite good already with the whole event particularly well covered. But I think I know what You mean.

Did I mention Portchester 1970? Contains some of the longest versions they ever played. Not to forget the always beautiful Grantchester Meadows/Astronomy Domine medley.

Comment

A recording of Théâtre des Champs-Élysées directly from the master tape of the radio broadcast would be great.

1969-06-26 Royal Albert Hall and the Games for May show.

Comment

I think I just wish I could hear the entire 10/17/71 from the same recorder.

Comment

Working...
                  X