Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Shows Would You Choose To Have A High Quality Recording From?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Shows Would You Choose To Have A High Quality Recording From?

there are several interesting shows which no recordings exist or if it does it's in very bad quality, so what show would you choose to have a high quality recording from? i'd choose concerts from 1967 or 1968 because they're the most rare ones but i have to give it a little more thoughts
    that was pretty avant-garde, wasn't it?

I would choose Hannover 1970 (November 27), there are some remastered versions, but still sounds like crap. There's someone with a reel to reel tape from the concert, I hope some day gets released.

Comment

both RFH and RAH 1969

Comment

Radio City 1973 and Rainbow Theater 1973 with Claire Torre come to mind.
        Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenStrat View Post
          Radio City 1973 and Rainbow Theater 1973 with Claire Torre come to mind.
          Oh yes! A proper recording from 73 would be most welcome. This year is really badly covered…

Best
          Nils
          FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
          Youtube
          Apple Podcast
          Amazon Music
          Spotify
          Deezer
          Facebook

Comment

Any date during Syd Days would be most welcome!
            The Pink Floyd Archive

Comment

I think we’d break the internet if a 1968 five-man Floyd recording turned up in high quality.

Comment

I'd really love a recording from Games for May, also a early January performance of DSOTM in good quality, like the one in Portsmouth or Southampton,
                and the Birmingham show from early 1970, it's a fantastic show with so many rarities but the quality is mediocre at best
                And a good recording of 14 April 1969 and/or 26 June 1969, i love the man and journey thing they did and I'd love another good quality performance of it
                Last edited by GiveBirthToSmile; 05-10-2023, 04:30 PM.
                that was pretty avant-garde, wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny12 View Post

Oh yes! A proper recording from 73 would be most welcome. This year is really badly covered…

Best
                  Nils
                  I find it somewhat ironic that the year they get the most visibility due to the success of DSOTM is the year we have more quality lacking bootlegs than other years. That being said I’ve heard recent remasters of some 73 shows and despite the quality the musicianship and performances are really quite something.
                  Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

• Anredeon
                    Anredeon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well I think except for maybe Cincinnati there are mostly very good recordings for 1973. But a superb recording for Vienna 1973 would be.... superb.
                    Last edited by Anredeon; 05-10-2023, 06:36 PM.

• TheGreenStrat
                    TheGreenStrat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oooohhh viennnaaaaa I agree.

For known shows I would choose ad hoc an update for Chesterfield´69, RFH´69, the early 1972 DSOTM shows, Paris´74. Also I would love to have a great recording for Rotterdam´71.

Last edited by Anredeon; 05-10-2023, 06:03 PM.

Comment

We have been so blessed with upgrades and restorations, that my list is pretty short. Even these are perfectly fine to me as-is:

Paradiso 1968
                    Croydon 1970
                    Birmingham 1970
                    Fete de l'Humanitie 1970
                    Earls Court 1973 (good as it is already)

Comment

As a side note, thanks to the advancements in technology and all the hard work of all the folks in the community, there have been some great remasters and reworkings of old classics and lesser known shows recently. Great work everyone.

Comment

Boblingen 72!

Comment

Théâtre des Champs-Elysées, 25th January 1970.

The tape is out there, somewhere! No more audience recording or cobbled together radio sources, just clean off-air master.

Comment

So, in this fantasy world where I get to name shows and have proper recordings of them suddenly appear, my list would go like this: a) Every show from 1967-1977 including (especially) the ones that don't circulate, b) every NMSOS show, c) every DG show, d) whatever else I haven't already specified.

If, on the other hand, you are asking for specific shows...

I'm a sucker for 70 & 71... so many amazing shows. Maybe Santa Monica, Birmingham, Saarbrucken, certainly Sheffield

And then I'd want some 73 love... I'd honestly be happy with whatever from 73, although something with CE would be great

And we need some more of that 74 Europe tour from the summer

But I'd be happy with just one tape... any tape that is a proper recording.
                            Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Working...
                            X