Wish You Were Here acetate on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmr View Post

Has it been? The only new listing I see has already ended. https://www.ebay.com/itm/256068790644
    And it ended soon without bids. So the seller just relisted it and took it down again. It could mean that the first auction didn't meet the reserve price and for whatever reason just took it down the second time. If he hasn't already gotten a better deal outside eBay maybe we'll see it appearing again.

Comment

• SamSiamC
      SamSiamC commented
      Editing a comment
      Good Point...but somehow I cant imagine paying someone 3-4000 GBP for it. At least without placing a bid like this in the first auction before.

Hmmmm... maybe he took it out and decided to take it to Bohhams

Comment

Originally posted by ruben77 View Post

And it ended soon without bids. So the seller just relisted it and took it down again. It could mean that the first auction didn't meet the reserve price and for whatever reason just took it down the second time. If he hasn't already gotten a better deal outside eBay maybe we'll see it appearing again.
      I had a similar situation that I was involved in a while back. While buying a guitar off of Reverb, I had mistakenly put my PO Box in the address line instead of my physical address. Obviously, you can't ship a guitar through a PO Box, but the seller's system had already set that as the address. In the end, the seller had to re-list the instrument so I could retry the order with the correct address. Maybe a similar thing happened here.
      "If I participate in this f**king effort, I hope I'm going to get my gold disc at the end of it. Imagine that!"

Comment

same here "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."
        Perhaps rechecking later to be sure.

So that would be a different take of Stephane Grappelli than the one from the WYWH immersion box set ? not just a different mix ?
        The BBC Producer's cut broadcast a different intro of WYWH (the song) : with Roger talking with David, a different (longer radio intro (always French radio), and a different intro of the song; after this excerpt the commentator is talking over and over this gem recording.

Comment

whilst with A.I extraction tools to cool have been possible to enlighten more Stephane Grappeli violin during the outro of Shine On (I can hear more wind on the sample; a different use of wind), the excerpt of the end of Welcome To The Machine is kick ass.
          It sounds like it's a different step than the Extraction Tapes (which was my favorite rendition of Welcome To The Machine : an acoustic version, with use of the infamous Peter Frampton voice alteration (which sounds damned good with David Gilmour) and some synth drones a-la Tangerine Dream).
          Here, it is perhaps a less experimental version since this is a test pressing but the ending has some great machine drones sounds during the outro.
          The acoustic guitar seems to be double-tracked or echoe'd - sounds nice.
          And yes with some audio tools this could be done, but why taking that much care to make a fake test pressing?​
          Last edited by Rupert Pupkin; 05-11-2023, 02:30 AM.

Comment

did someone (Heywood perhaps?) tried to use the outro of Welcome To The Machine and try to do a fan mix like the great MQR "Ceci n'est pas Wish You Were Here" ? just for the sake of listening pleasure like Beatles fans are doing (recently for Taxman, restoring the ending)
            I really hope that in the meantime this test pressing will be auctioned; I'm in!

Comment

On the sample of Welcome To The Machine outro / Shine On intro the wind sound is somehow longer and different; what intrigues me is that I can hear near the end of the intro of Shine On before the sample is cut a kind of guitar arpeggio which sounds like an "harpsichord".
              It's been a long time since I did not listen to WYWH (the "real" album); when I want to listen to a studio version I put the Extraction Tapes instead.
              Is what I describe on the 5.1 mix of WYWH ? This is suppose to happen during the intro of Shine On You Crazy Diamond Part 6-9 so this is not the wine glass noises from the Part 1 overture.​

Comment

I was really hoping that we'd find the buyer was one of us and feeling philanthropic. Still hoping, but less convinced.
                Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Great version.....

Comment

I thought this was the ebay complete version on youtube- until I see that this was a 5 years old youtube upload and it's obviously the immersion WYWH version.

Comment

so what ?

what is the news ?

is there any hope ?​

Comment

Originally posted by svaerige View Post
                        is there any hope ?​
                        Yes, I believe so but it's best I don't fuel it with an explanation here. Light touch required! I was onto it before the thread discussion commenced.

Comment

• svaerige
                          svaerige commented
                          Editing a comment
                          thanks a lot
                      Working...
                      X