Pros and Cons Tour Screen Films Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pros and Cons Tour Screen Films Questions

I was reading the Comfortably Numb book and it said that the 84/85 tour had screen projections that were made by Nicholas Roeg. Since I’m a big fan of his film work I would love to see it but I’ve never come across it. Does anyone have a link to those films and/or have they ever been remastered or rereleased like the 74-77 tour screen films Floyd used?
    Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

I don't believe they were ever released, but most of the footage appears in the P&C videos, although edited differently, and Rontoon and co. put out a great video from New Jersey that shows them in context at the concert (likely the only film where the screens show up with any amount of visibility)

Comment

Originally posted by }{eywood View Post
      I don't believe they were ever released, but most of the footage appears in the P&C videos, although edited differently, and Rontoon and co. put out a great video from New Jersey that shows them in context at the concert (likely the only film where the screens show up with any amount of visibility)
      That’s what I’ve read as well, that the vids were just displayed for the concerts. Im surprised they were never released or that P&C never got a reissue or a deluxe edition with a blu ray with extras or something. Anyway, do you have a link for rontoons vid?
      Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenStrat View Post

That’s what I’ve read as well, that the vids were just displayed for the concerts. Im surprised they were never released or that P&C never got a reissue or a deluxe edition with a blu ray with extras or something. Anyway, do you have a link for rontoons vid?
        Well P&C wasn't a huge commercial success, and it's not 50 years old yet.
        I'm not sure if the NJ video wen the way of the dodo when Harvested closed their site down to avoid conflict with TEY. You'd have to ask him

Comment

Even if it is not worth a real video testimony, some images of the projections as envisaged by Scarfe and Fisher, This is what it looked like on stage:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Doc - 'Pros & Cons Tour' Artwork (1984) 01 - Grande.jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.9 KB ID:	312203

Click image for larger version  Name:	Doc - 'Pros & Cons Tour' Artwork (1984) 00 - Grande.jpg Views:	0 Size:	214.9 KB ID:	312205

From the storyboard

Click image for larger version  Name:	Doc - 'Pros & Cons Tour' Artwork (three samples).jpg Views:	0 Size:	427.0 KB ID:	312204

Some landscapes views:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Doc - 'Pros & Cons Tour' Artwork (1984) 07 - Grande.jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.6 KB ID:	312207

Click image for larger version  Name:	Doc - 'Pros & Cons Tour' Artwork (1984) 08 - Grande.jpg Views:	0 Size:	235.1 KB ID:	312206
          Attached Files
          Last edited by RarePinkFloyd; 04-30-2023, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RarePinkFloyd View Post
            Even if it is not worth a real video testimony, some images of the projections as envisaged by Scarfe and Fisher, This is what it looked like on stage:
            Click image for larger version Name:	Doc - 'Pros & Cons Tour' Artwork (1984) 01 - Grande.jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.9 KB ID:	312203

Click image for larger version Name:	Doc - 'Pros & Cons Tour' Artwork (1984) 00 - Grande.jpg Views:	0 Size:	214.9 KB ID:	312205

From the storyboard

Click image for larger version Name:	Doc - 'Pros & Cons Tour' Artwork (three samples).jpg Views:	0 Size:	427.0 KB ID:	312204

Some landscapes views:

Click image for larger version Name:	Doc - 'Pros & Cons Tour' Artwork (1984) 07 - Grande.jpg Views:	0 Size:	222.6 KB ID:	312207

Click image for larger version Name:	Doc - 'Pros & Cons Tour' Artwork (1984) 08 - Grande.jpg Views:	0 Size:	235.1 KB ID:	312206
            Nice! Looks great, thanks for the post.

Comment

Slight aside, the TV set theme is almost ever present in Roger's music, stage shows and concepts but when did he first use it? The Wall movie uses it best to portray Pink's detachment from reality but that was surely an Alan Parker decision. Did Roger expand on that going forward to use it as a metaphor for the "sad demise" of the wider population or was it present prior to The Wall?

Comment

TheGreenStrat, this is the video to which }{eywood refers:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbL_oVb9zQE

Rex :
                An inflatable TV appeared on "Dogs" during the American leg of the "Animals" tour.

Comment

• Rex
                  Rex commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I suppose Animals was his first album fully dedicated to social critique, maybe borrowed a bit of Big Brother from 1984 while adapting Orwell's Animal Farm.

• TheGreenStrat
                  TheGreenStrat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks! Not sure how that video didn’t come up when I put in Roger Waters 1984 on YouTube.
              Working...
              X