Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running order of Boblingen 1972.11.15

Greetings all,

So, in lending my ears to the matrix it was easy to note the setlist being slightly different, with the boys opening the second set with CWTAE before going into Echoes and then OoTD with Controls as the encore. It is my understanding that the setlist correction has stemmed primarily from the new recorders that have shown up over the years, specifically recorder 4. As well, the tunings flow together much better and then RW bids a farewell after OotD instead of Echoes.

In looking over the setlists for 1972 the only other time CWTAE opened the second set was 1972.01.20, but this has been explained by Mason as the band needing to calm their nerves after the failed attempt at Eclipse for the first time. For the complete setlists that we know of OotD was the opener for the second set almost without fail. Even the oddball 1972.02.11 and 1972.02.12 setlists opened the show with OoTD followed by CWTAE.

As well, I believe CWTAE immediately followed OoTD almost exclusively on the tour, barring this show and a small handful of others (like 1972.01.21 where they didn't play CWTAE or like 1972.03.08 where CWTAE closed out the second set before the encore)...this is not counting the awesome but oddball setlists (for the time) for Germersheim and Amsterdam in May (even though CWTAE followed OoTD both nights as well).

While at this point in history I am sure there can only be speculation, but has anyone discussed why, on this one date out of nearly the entire tour, they decided to swap up the order of the second set and begin with CWTAE? Short answer is already understood - they wanted to. However, figured it might be interesting to know if anyone had any insight into why...

Travis
    Last edited by DeepCreatures; 04-17-2023, 09:01 PM.
Working...
X