David Gilmour 2008 Later... With Jools Holland Session differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Gilmour 2008 Later... With Jools Holland Session differences

just compared two versions of David Gilmour 2008 Later... With Jools Holland - 2008-09-23 and 2008-09-26

​Remember A Day versions differ not only in video but also in audio

intro section is represented by two different takes​

2008-09-23 - Remember A Day (Intro) - Later... With Jools Holland.mp3

2008-09-26 - Remember A Day (Intro) - Later... With Jools Holland.mp3

Last edited by svaerige; 04-09-2023, 01:06 PM.

What kind of file did you try?
    FINGAL‘S CAVE: A Podcast for all dedicated Pink Floyd Fans

Available here:
    Youtube
    Apple Podcast
    Amazon Music
    Spotify
    Deezer
    Facebook

Comment

• svaerige
      svaerige commented
      Editing a comment
      I put on the cross at the top right of the attachment field and now it has disappeared and I can't insert attachments into the post

• svaerige
      svaerige commented
      Editing a comment
      i managed to solve the problem

thanks

I think that the difference were that for "Remember A Day" live (which was stunning) there is the live broadcast and David Gilmour re-did the intro of the song. Hence two versions, if I remember well.
    David was devastated by Rick's death. I still remember his eyes while watching "Echoes" and saying that he would never play it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
      I think that the difference were that for "Remember A Day" live (which was stunning) there is the live broadcast and David Gilmour re-did the intro of the song. Hence two versions, if I remember well.

Yes, I meant the differences in the intro - of course, it's two different take,

I wanted to attach two excerpts of 18 seconds each for comparison but i can’t
      Last edited by svaerige; 04-09-2023, 08:12 AM.

Comment

At some point Later with Jools changed to become a live show with no chance of second takes. Prior to that they let bands record multiple takes. Sometimes the continuity between takes was fairly ropey.

Comment

Later was recorded on a Tuesday night and broadcast on BBC2 the following Friday. The BBC would do a ~15min live broadcast preview each Tuesday (before Newsnight around 1015 pm) which were genuine live in studio performances. This would explain the differences.

Comment

Working...
          X