Echoes mailing list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echoes mailing list

Back on Y there was some discussion about Echoes mailing list.
    I thought I was still on it, but emails had stopped, then 2 days ago I received a message that there was no traffic.
    Today, I received 5 messages with this subject line:Re: "web requested subscription query" (received ECHOSERV request)​

Forums like this are much more current, I only stayed on since it is a remnant of the past with some fond memories. We will see if Bear has things worked out on his home server.

I just checked my spam and the are 16 messages over 4 hours with the subject Re: "web requested subscription query" (received ECHOSERV request)​.

It looks like Bears's server may be "Raving & Drooling"..

Comment

Bear emailed me stating that he has had major issues, that hopefully will be corrected this weekend.

Comment

I wrote him last year and he said Gmail has issues with the mailing list. Maybe it thinks it’s spam? Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Comment

I'm still subscribed AFAIK... been on since spring of 94

Comment

What is the message traffic like now? A few years ago it really dropped, which made me visit Yeeshkul for better Floyian chatter.

Comment

No traffic at all, I requested that Bear make sure I was still subscribed. I will update if things return.

Comment

Bear just sent an email on the status of Echoes, He is having many issues both personal and technical, no real ETA, but he is still looking to get it running.
                The Echoes email reflector is a fond memory from the past when dialup was king, and it was one of the public ways we communicated with fellow Pink Floyd fans, remember tape trees?

Comment

Working...
                X