Pink floyd pulse 2018 remaster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pink floyd pulse 2018 remaster.

Hi guys not to sure if this has been talked about or not before as this is only my first time seeing this title as a 2018 remaster. I was browsing the floyd albums on my apple music yesterday searching for a floyd album to listen to and i happened to listen first to dsotm 50th and after it upon going through albums i had noticed pulse and then under it another pulse listed as 2018 remaster so i decided to listen to it and to me it sounds completley different in sound wise and much louder and personally to me much better sound as if it had been remastered to only feature more of the main floyd vocals aswell as now you an hear the ladies sing much louder in backing vocals and also guitars etc louder and clearer aswell as drums. Im not sure if it is something new or just apple using the titel as 2018 remaster in brackets but it really does sound so much better in my own opinion upon listening again to my own cd version. IF anyone can shed some light on this then id be interested to hear. Thanks

I’d be interested in this as well. There’s a PinkFloyd4K YouTube upload of the Earls Court recording which is cool. Also that same channel uploaded a really cool og version of Live At Pompeii which is an excellent watch. The only thing it’s missing is the Abbey Road footage and interviews but the performances are top notch.
    Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

While the Darkside portion of Pulse is cool I would have liked a release of that tour with the usual/average setlist. The way I remember the show I went too. Being nitpicky I guess.

Comment

can you share the link with us?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenStrat View Post
        I’d be interested in this as well. There’s a PinkFloyd4K YouTube upload of the Earls Court recording which is cool. Also that same channel uploaded a really cool og version of Live At Pompeii which is an excellent watch. The only thing it’s missing is the Abbey Road footage and interviews but the performances are top notch.
        If you subscribe to his Patreon feed, he has both the original and the 2019 remaster of Pulse up there. I would ship it to you, but it is 79GB.

See here: https://ko-fi.com/pinkfloyd4k/posts?action=posts
        Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Okay this is driving me nuts. Pulse on iTunes has One of These Days. Wasn’t that missing from the original CD? And only available as a B-side?

Comment

I believe OoTD was not on the original release but added to the restored and re-edited edition released recently.

Comment

Well, the CD version didn't but the VHS version did...

Comment

• DrawbarDave
                DrawbarDave commented
                Editing a comment
                I think it was on the audio cassette too

Anyone know where / when it was recorded? Is it the same as the B-side or was it recorded alone with other Pulse songs?

Comment

Wasn't the Pulse 2018 Remaster part of the Later Years box set?

Comment

Originally posted by BlacknTan View Post
                  Wasn't the Pulse 2018 Remaster part of the Later Years box set?
                  Yeah it was. A bluray was also released standalone as well, well after the release of the Later Years box set. On the standalone release, the case has a red LED similar to the early cd release from years ago.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230331_235041(0).jpg
Views:	476
Size:	344.6 KB
ID:	307810

With apologies for the crud photography... it's a beautiful thing (and the battery life on the "Pulse" is significantly improved) ;-)
                    Attached Files
                    One of These Days....

Comment

I was wondering why i thought one of these days sounded bit different on the itunes hd 2018 master. The sound on the apple release to myself is high quality and very much enjoyable and seems to be uncut well i mean uncut as in full show they released as 2018 remaster but no longer version of cn. I just wish this could have been released as a stand alone cd aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by toxie View Post
                        I was wondering why i thought one of these days sounded bit different on the itunes hd 2018 master. The sound on the apple release to myself is high quality and very much enjoyable and seems to be uncut well i mean uncut as in full show they released as 2018 remaster but no longer version of cn. I just wish this could have been released as a stand alone cd aswell.
                        Just an fyi, what I did was rip the audio from my purchased BD and save tracks as 24/96 flac. As good as (well better than really!) a CD release

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTheRave View Post
                          Anyone know where / when it was recorded? Is it the same as the B-side or was it recorded alone with other Pulse songs?
                          [four months later...] Don't know where the cassette/vinyl album version was recorded - I suspect it could be the same version as the film from Earls Court, but haven't yet checked.

It's not the same version as the B-side of the High Hopes/Keep Talking single. That B-side version was from Hannover Neidersachsenstadion on 17th August.

Comment

Working...
                          X