Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PINK FLOYD 1975 PROMO (8mm FOOTAGE COMING)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

something odd I did notice, but I'm not totally sure, so please confirm.
    During the lap-steel guitar solo from Shine On pt.2 it looks like, like in Pompeii for A Saucerful Of Secrets, David Gilmour is not sitting on a chair, but he is "cross-legged" to play the "lap-steel" guitar solo. I can't tell if this is his black Strat (I think it is). But because the camera was lower than the stage, I'm not 100% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by sb33334 View Post
      Also waiting anxiously!

So the teaser vid is gone- anyone have the link to where the premier will be?

Edit-

This looks like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSXZMFq_Msk
      Stunning work. Just brilliant.

1975 - the Year of Peak Denim? Even the singers for Great Gig are swathed in it...

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
        something odd I did notice, but I'm not totally sure, so please confirm.
        During the lap-steel guitar solo from Shine On pt.2 it looks like, like in Pompeii for A Saucerful Of Secrets, David Gilmour is not sitting on a chair, but he is "cross-legged" to play the "lap-steel" guitar solo. I can't tell if this is his black Strat (I think it is). But because the camera was lower than the stage, I'm not 100% sure.
        It is the perspective. Floyd stages were hoisted very high up and Gilmour's lap steel was technically behind Nick's kit. When Roger walks back in several shots it has the same effect. If Speedy sat like 20 ft further back you would see David on the chair.
        - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Originally posted by Frankymole View Post

Stunning work. Just brilliant.
          Thanks a bunch!

Comment

MAN, this is nice! Thank yall so much!
            "That was our first single, Arnold Layne. It’s the first time we’ve played it for..mmm..don’t think we’ve ever played that before.”

Viva Y!

Comment

https://www.thespec.com/entertainmen...-hamilton.html

Comment

So many articles popping up about this film recently. I love seeing these! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

What an absolute superb clean up. Saw the Floyd at Knebworth '75, delighted to see footage in such stunning quality almost 50 years later!. A million thanks to everyone involved.

Comment

Roger may have seen this video, too!

“Someone sent me something from Canada from 1974 or 1975…”

https://twitter.com/rogerwaters/stat...0l8FWcPIgFCQrA

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTheRave View Post
                      Roger may have seen this video, too!

“Someone sent me something from Canada from 1974 or 1975…”

https://twitter.com/rogerwaters/stat...0l8FWcPIgFCQrA
                      I saw this last night, even put it on my Instagram. It's really such a huge honour to know he has seen it

Comment

I can't find anything like that on that link. Any chance you could copy the entire text and paste it here for us Twitter-amateurs to read?

Comment

• mattazing
                          mattazing commented
                          Editing a comment
                          There's no text, you have to watch the video from that link.

• Alan
                          Alan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Oh, I was looking for that quote, and didn't even notice that was a video! Thanks!

Now its Roger's turn to share some of his archive films. 😀

Comment

Working...
                        X