Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PINK FLOYD 1975 PROMO (8mm FOOTAGE COMING)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenStrat View Post

It’s similar to that LA 75 footage that’s on YT where you can see the rockets launch during the height of the build during Echoes and the fog that shoots out that we can see in the Landover footage from the same tour. Although I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen good footage of the plane exploding during On The Run however there’s footage of the searchlights that scan the crowd during the song before. More footage is great I love it!
    The cool thing about this tour is that, it seems that as the tour went on, more and more smoke would be used in Echoes. Apparently since this was the last show of the North American tour, they just let loose with everything. And that's why the smoke literally obscured the entire stage in Echoes' climax.

There's footage of the plane crashing in LA and Montréal, LA is way too dark to see it and Montréal is just 1 flash of a frame. You can stitch the Montréal shot to Hamilton and get the full moment, though, since Speedy's cartridge runs out at pretty much the exact same moment that the Montréal clip starts. Pretty cool!
    Last edited by NuffM; 04-04-2023, 03:02 PM.
    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Amazing stuff, thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by NuffM View Post

The cool thing about this tour is that, it seems that as the tour went on, more and more smoke would be used in Echoes. Apparently since this was the last show of the North American tour, they just let lose with everything. And that's why the smoke literally obscured the entire stage in Echoes' climax.

There's footage of the plane crashing in LA and Montréal, LA is way too dark to see it and Montréal is just 1 flash of a frame. You can stitch the Montréal shot to Hamilton and get the full moment, though, since Speedy's cartridge runs out at pretty much the exact same moment that the Montréal clip starts. Pretty cool!
        Ah that makes sense because the story goes they also blew up part of the scoreboard accidentally with all the leftover explosives. There’s an excellent picture in the new DSOTM book where Rick is ducking as the plane hits the stage. Hint hint if anyone here gets the 50th DSOTM book and wants to scan hi res photos.
        Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

It's incredible that we have this footage to enjoy and big thanks to all involved. What I'm most impressed with is the audio sync; it's as perfect as one can get and it's blowing my mind. Respect.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlue1989 View Post
            It's incredible that we have this footage to enjoy and big thanks to all involved. What I'm most impressed with is the audio sync; it's as perfect as one can get and it's blowing my mind. Respect.
            Thank you so much man!!

Comment

I watched it again today and it really is amazing... the synchronization is wonderful, there are no mistakes! Perfect!! It was mentioned that there is footage from more shows (Montreal), so can we assume there's more to come? Or is the Montreal show the one that mixes random footage, something like a student film, with no audio?
              As I recall, I think it was the same blessed person who filmed it... am I right?​

Comment

Originally posted by goguilorenzo View Post
                I watched it again today and it really is amazing... the synchronization is wonderful, there are no mistakes! Perfect!! It was mentioned that there is footage from more shows (Montreal), so can we assume there's more to come? Or is the Montreal show the one that mixes random footage, something like a student film, with no audio?
                As I recall, I think it was the same blessed person who filmed it... am I right?​
                No other known Montréal footage exists, just the student film which includes maybe 4 minutes of concert footage max.

Different filmers, the lad who filmed that show was Phillipe Bergeron, Hamilton was of course Jim Kelly "Speedy".

Thanks for the kind words on the synchronization!

Comment

Originally posted by NuffM View Post

No other known Montréal footage exists, just the student film which includes maybe 4 minutes of concert footage max.

Different filmers, the lad who filmed that show was Phillipe Bergeron, Hamilton was of course Jim Kelly "Speedy".

Thanks for the kind words on the synchronization!
                  Thank you for your stellar contributions to this historic release!

Comment

I would like to add another comment - what an amazing footage and a tremendous job of restoration and audio synch - this is a fantastic footage; something we would never get unfortunately in an official box set- or perhaps now, that the work has been done... The longest video and the best one I ever seen with Atlanta 73.
                    I really enjoyed the close-ups on David Gilmour whilst playing the guitar solo on his black Strat on Shine On, Have A Cigar or Money (this reminds me the Vienna 8mm footage which was damned good)- This version of "Money" has some very nasty bluesy solo, razor sharp; It's also great to have a close-up on David Gilmour during "Echoes".
                    I was intrigued by the fact that David is holding his black Strat almost like a bass (like Bill Wyman) and below the belt (so speak) with a short cable (a twisted cable) for the AMP, you can notice it during the close-up.
                    That looks cool : was it an easiest way to reach the high notes and making bends ? or some back problems ?

It's also very cool to see the audience close-ups and the band starting to play when the night is coming - great close-up on Nick Mason's drumming during "You Gotta Be Crazy" (which I had never seen on video before) - the Hokusai​ wave of his drum-kit is clearly noticeable during the close-ups.
                    Like on the 77 tour, David use his telecaster for this prototype of "Dogs", but use his black Strat for the Shine On suite.

Thanks again. This is one of the best sounding show from the 75 tour and certainly one of the best 75 performance with Boston 75 and the "wet" L.A 75.

Imagine if for each great RoIOs we got 8 mm footage like this ? Just a dream... But it's so great to have now 25 images per seconds to figure out how this great performance was rather than seeing some photos in a book like Glenn Povey.

And I like a lot these 8 mm - there is a film-like texture which has been preserved.

Comment

How wonderful. Thank you so much. I would have never thought such a document exists. Superb. It really feels you are there in the audience. I love the pan round the stadium too, gives great context. Great work.

Comment

Watching the whole stage, non-zoom footage and then the close-up shots such as Gilmour’s solo in Money, it’s almost unbelievable that this level of detail could be achievable from so far back and especially in the dark.

Comment

It's unbelievable how sharp and clear the video is: The closeups, the wide shots, the panning shots in the audience. The audio synchronization is also absolutely perfect. Thanks to everyone involved.

Comment

116k views and counting, 2 ½ days in. Jesus CHRIST. Thank you guys so much for continuously watching and sharing this incredible film, I knew it would blow up but not THIS fast!

Comment

And Floyd management thinks there is no market for live material even if it's not professionally shot...

Comment

just noticed this on YT right now by pure coincidence.... and OMG!!!
                                That's a wonderful footage and work!
                                I guess someone here just managed to download it from YT, in case it won't last that much there? (if so, well done! )

EDIT: I've noticed it's just here around! GREAT!
                                Last edited by vince666; 04-05-2023, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X