Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PINK FLOYD 1975 PROMO (8mm FOOTAGE COMING)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool that gems like this are still popping up. Thank You to all concerned for sharing this!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMoebLoop View Post
      This piece of footage is absolutely incredible, as is the result of the restoration work. We all already know Genesis-Museum is the ultimate source for 8mm transfer, but the real revelation here (for me, at least) is Nuff's almost necromantic skill in finding the proper sync points and doing so in a way that makes it seem as if the event is unfolding before our eyes - may there be more!

The visually striking tours for me from Pink Floyd in 1977, but, to see the group playing material from its commercial breakthrough record and more, at the apex of its popularity, in a "natural" live setting (as in undoctored with additional lighting for official filming) is always a privilege - especially when it comes in footage of this length and quality. I cannot thank you enough.
      I second this. Nuff's work on this footage is immaculate, probably the best 8mm film I've seen. Not only is the film itself impeccably shot and in focus, but the filmer also captured every song on the setlist and all of the band members. Half an hour of new, mid 70s Floyd footage isn't something you come across every day. You can also tell the work was done with immense care and eye for details. Truly a beautiful tribute to Speedy.

Thanks to everyone involved for dropping this!

Comment

Going to watch after work!! If you told me 15 years ago I would finally get to see some nice footage of the Floyd in the Golden years live I would of said sureeeee!

Comment

This is sure to be the most amazing footage of '75.
          I wish they would release the original unprocessed version as well, as there are signs of a lot of processing of the image stabilization.​
          When image stabilization is used, the edges of the film are cropped and not all of the edge-to-edge image on the film can be seen.​
          Last edited by shuffle; 04-02-2023, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Mind. Blown.

Thank you to everyone who made this public!
            Pink Floyd - December 8th, 1987 - Seattle Kingdome

Comment

Wow, so awesome. Will have to poke around to see if the back story of how this came to fruition is in the comments. Wow.

Comment

It's amazing indeed. It's great to see Nick Mason playing drums during "You Gotta Be Crazy" with such close-up and his Hokusai​ wave painted on his drum kit.
                David Gilmour with an orange t-shirt has amazing close-ups (especially during one bluesy razor sharp of Shine On Pt.1 solo); I'm very happy to put some images (25 per seconds!) in my head now when I will listen to one of my favorite 75 show (with Boston 75 and the "wet" L.A 75) Steel Breeze. Apparently the inner photo of Steel Breeze was not taken from this show.
                I only saw the first set because I want to see the rest on my TV set and not a computer.
                It's great to see the whole stage, and few shot on the audience; you can tell it was huge. It's great to see that they started with the day-light and probably estimate that when Shine On pt.2 will start it will be at dark with the night coming down (because of the "diamond" rising).

It's brilliant footage; cameraman did a great a steady work; probably an incredible and meticulous work to assemble each snippet of the 8mm.
                There are some close-ups which are as good as pro-shot, plus there is film grain, making it more "authentic" than Venice 89 which I saw yesterday. (It's sad that they did not film P.U.L.S.E on argentic contrary to the Momentary Lapse Of Reason Tour; Prince did the same mistake with Sign O'Times (argentic) vs Lovesexy (video).

I will watch peacefully the rest of the show at home, but even at this point of the first half this is core, essential video; as good as Atlanta 73 and longer.
                The best document in video for the 75 tour (especially the first set).
                The fact that the audio turned out to be one of the best sounding show (and performance!) from the 75 tour adds a lot to the "production value" !

tank you so much for this amazing share and work.

Comment

I enjoyed this immensely. Speedy knew exactly just when to film. It's amazing he caught the tribute to Syd at the end of Shine On. It's almost as if he knew (WHWH hadn't been release officially yet).

Comment

Originally posted by TheMoebLoop View Post
                    This piece of footage is absolutely incredible, as is the result of the restoration work. We all already know Genesis-Museum is the ultimate source for 8mm transfer, but the real revelation here (for me, at least) is Nuff's almost necromantic skill in finding the proper sync points and doing so in a way that makes it seem as if the event is unfolding before our eyes - may there be more!

The visually striking tours for me from Pink Floyd in 1977, but, to see the group playing material from its commercial breakthrough record and more, at the apex of its popularity, in a "natural" live setting (as in undoctored with additional lighting for official filming) is always a privilege - especially when it comes in footage of this length and quality. I cannot thank you enough.
                    Heyo man! First time posting here — thanks greatly for the compliment! The synchronization was such a lengthy process and it's what 90% of the work was; after splitting up all of the shots, I combined 9 batches of them back into their own respective ~3 minute cartridges and then applied colour correction to each one. I'm so happy to see that everybody is enjoying this footage as much as I did when I first saw it!
                    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

Originally posted by thepolicearchive View Post

I second this. Nuff's work on this footage is immaculate, probably the best 8mm film I've seen. Not only is the film itself impeccably shot and in focus, but the filmer also captured every song on the setlist and all of the band members. Half an hour of new, mid 70s Floyd footage isn't something you come across every day. You can also tell the work was done with immense care and eye for details. Truly a beautiful tribute to Speedy.

Thanks to everyone involved for dropping this!
                      Thank you so much, my guy!

Comment

Awesome. Speedy has thus shot a piece of each song and also such highlight as the pan over the full and impressive Yvor Wynne. A super filmer and something was (me) not so present before.

The fireworks at the beginning of Have a Cigar or the close up in the Seagull section only on Dave's Strat. (and not on his Body in Full) I think: deliberately so wanted.

The close ups in Money are breathtaking and Set 1 with daylight is the absolute highlight.(for me)

What I wonder:

Speedy MUST have known his way around. Was he at another show before, e.g. Montreal, Detroit or Milwaukee?

In my opinion he pans almost perfectly and in the knowledge that Set 1 was completely new "always pressed the shutter button at the right time". Amazing

Anyway, I'm curious if there will even be a statement of the protagonists at the time or their MGMT..........probably purchase for 50WYWH box;-) Joking..........

Think Pink
                        Sportpalast

Comment

Originally posted by Sportpalast View Post
                          Awesome. Speedy has thus shot a piece of each song and also such highlight as the pan over the full and impressive Yvor Wynne. A super filmer and something was (me) not so present before.

The fireworks at the beginning of Have a Cigar or the close up in the Seagull section only on Dave's Strat. (and not on his Body in Full) I think: deliberately so wanted.

The close ups in Money are breathtaking and Set 1 with daylight is the absolute highlight.(for me)

What I wonder:

Speedy MUST have known his way around. Was he at another show before, e.g. Montreal, Detroit or Milwaukee?

In my opinion he pans almost perfectly and in the knowledge that Set 1 was completely new "always pressed the shutter button at the right time". Amazing

Anyway, I'm curious if there will even be a statement of the protagonists at the time or their MGMT..........probably purchase for 50WYWH box;-) Joking..........

Think Pink
                          Sportpalast
                          Speedy was, without a doubt, at the Montréal show. We have film of that show as well and we can link several moments. For example; in Montréal, during the Raving And Drooling outro, smoke covered the entire stage with flashing lights. This is why Speedy filmed the entire outro in Hamilton; he was expecting the smoke but it never came. Another thing, is that they never had a strict amount of bars in the build-up in Echoes, after the seagulls, so when they would step on the pedals was random. The only way he could reeeeally know when the climax is coming is because he saw them walk up to the pedals in the show prior.

I feel like at that point he had seen so many concerts that he would see one show in advance and then film the next one, so he can write down the setlist (Wish You Were Here was not yet released) and take action for when he goes to film.

Keep in mind this is all speculation, but come on. He HAD to have seen the show prior. It's the only way it makes any sense that he knew when to film several moments.

EDIT/CLARIFICATION; Speedy only shot Hamilton. I am referring to the student film by Phillipe B.
                          Last edited by NuffM; 04-04-2023, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NuffM View Post

Speedy was, without a doubt, at the Montréal show. We have film of that show as well and we can link several moments. For example; in Montréal, during the Raving And Drooling outro, smoke covered the entire stage with flashing lights. This is why Speedy filmed the entire outro in Hamilton; he was expecting the smoke but it never came. Another thing, is that they never had a strict amount of bars in the build-up in Echoes, after the seagulls, so when they would step on the pedals was random. The only way he could reeeeally know when the climax is coming is because he saw them walk up to the pedals in the show prior.

I feel like at that point he had seen so many concerts that he would see one show in advance and then film the next one, so he can write down the setlist (Wish You Were Here was not yet released) and take action for when he goes to film.

Keep in mind this is all speculation, but come on. He HAD to have seen the show prior. It's the only way it makes any sense that he knew when to film several moments.
                            Thank you! As i said: Amazing Footage and experienced Filmer and after almost 50 years we can see this Film.

Comment

thanks for this, amazing film, and definitely so far, the best film of the 70s (shot from the audience). Really nice touch the explosion on Have a Cigar. I have watched till On The Run, I have to watch the rest yet but I had a really good time.
                              If an act of empathy is considered somehow as something radical, we're living in dangerous times.

Pink Floyd tradelist // Oasis tradelist

Comment

Originally posted by NuffM View Post

It’s similar to that LA 75 footage that’s on YT where you can see the rockets launch during the height of the build during Echoes and the fog that shoots out that we can see in the Landover footage from the same tour. Although I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen good footage of the plane exploding during On The Run however there’s footage of the searchlights that scan the crowd during the song before. More footage is great I love it!
                                Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

Working...
                                X