Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PINK FLOYD 1975 PROMO (8mm FOOTAGE COMING)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THAT...was something else. I would be lying if I told you I didn't shed a few tears while watching it. Just, wow. Thank you so much to everybody involved, the audio synchronization was spot on!

Comment

Loved it! Felt like I was there!

Comment

Fabulous.. Absolutely beautiful!

Comment

Fantastic and incredible!

Comment

Well that was pretty special ... thanks to all involved in bringing that to life... what a pleasure it was to watch
            One of These Days....

Comment

Absolutely fantastic. Thanks to everyone who makes this possible

Comment

Absolutely incredible! Love how it ended on such a climactic scene. Even though this was filmed pretty close to the stage, you get the sense that this would be an awesome spectacle from anywhere in the stadium. But the quality of this footage also gives you lots of detail of what was going on onstage. Nick's kit, David's facial expressions, the lights, the effects...beautiful!

Comment

I've moved this torrent to the ROIO/VOIO area.
                  Last edited by aybesea; 04-02-2023, 10:19 PM.
                  Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Amazing. Fantastic. What a pleasure to view!

Comment

Originally posted by aybesea View Post
                      I did a rip and then subsequently repacked it from .webm to .mkv. I am including both of the versions in this torrent. Here are the stream details:

Video: vp9 (Profile 0), yuv420p(tv, bt709), 3840x2160, SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9, 30 fps, 30 tbr, 1k tbn, 1k tbc (default)
                      Audio: opus, 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp (default)​

I did not modify the streams in any way, just changed the container to matroska for easier viewing.
                      For those interested, I’ll post the pre-youtube version soon.

Comment

• WorldmanOne
                        WorldmanOne commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You guys did a great job with the footage! Thank you for sharing it with the community!

• hofzinser
                        hofzinser commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you!

• Rupert Pupkin
                        Rupert Pupkin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm highly interested - to say the least - in the pre-youtube version

Just absolutely incredible! THANK YOU so very much to all...

Comment

Originally posted by aybesea View Post
                        I did a rip and then subsequently repacked it from .webm to .mkv. I am including both of the versions in this torrent. Here are the stream details:

Video: vp9 (Profile 0), yuv420p(tv, bt709), 3840x2160, SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9, 30 fps, 30 tbr, 1k tbn, 1k tbc (default)
                        Audio: opus, 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp (default)​

I did not modify the streams in any way, just changed the container to matroska for easier viewing.
                        Thanks for this. Would have been better if this was posted in "ROIO & VOIO Offers > Pink Floyd" as a separate post. Also, it doesn't show up in "New Files".

Comment

• aybesea
                          aybesea commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It has been moved.

• fatoldpig
                          fatoldpig commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks! ...

Stunning. This was an alien experience. Truly excellent syncing and marvellous footage and unbelievable that this was filmed in 1975, a period when we were still fortunate to get a reasonable quality audio recording. To obtain such detailed, focused close-ups was a marvellous achievement. Having the excellent quality audio to sync it to seals the deal and ensures the detailed footage isn’t flawed by 'previous-night' close audio match.
                        Great planning too to ensure some footage of every track. What an achievement by the filmer and everyone else who has subsequently worked on this. Thank you.

Comment

Amazing, absolutely amazing !

Thanks to all involved in getting this out there, made my day.

Comment

This piece of footage is absolutely incredible, as is the result of the restoration work. We all already know Genesis-Museum is the ultimate source for 8mm transfer, but the real revelation here (for me, at least) is Nuff's almost necromantic skill in finding the proper sync points and doing so in a way that makes it seem as if the event is unfolding before our eyes - may there be more!

The visually striking tours for me from Pink Floyd in 1977, but, to see the group playing material from its commercial breakthrough record and more, at the apex of its popularity, in a "natural" live setting (as in undoctored with additional lighting for official filming) is always a privilege - especially when it comes in footage of this length and quality. I cannot thank you enough.

Comment

Working...
                            X