Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PINK FLOYD 1975 PROMO (8mm FOOTAGE COMING)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rontoon View Post

12:30 EST.
    10.5 hours to go.
    oh ok, I will try to live a few more hours then...

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
      Ivor Wynne is one of my favorite 75 rendition of Shine On, then Boston 75 and above all L.A 1975 (for the "wet" sound).
      David Gilmour had a different style/approach for Shine On (suite) : razor sharp, bluesy...

This youtube trailer looks amazing. If there is 30 mn of footage (from what I read from RonToon) and songs are not cut here and there this could be totally midblowing. So far, the best 8mm footage I have ever seen was the Atlanta 73, which has some amazing close-up, as good as a pro-shot (and some great restoration work and synch with another show (was it Boston 73?)
      David Gilmour's black Strat has some great HD details, same for Nick Mason and his Hosukai wave drumkit. I can't wait to see the whole footage. I don't remember a 75 footage with such quality.
      Will this stream first on youtube, then share it here with some external download link ?
      the scan of Atlanta 1973 has some big problems that are hard to fix (looks great already but could be improved a whole lot)
      This sample of the new 1975 film looks a lot better in my opinion, potentially the best film ever (?) (30 minutes!)

Comment

The 'Talking with Dolph' episode on this film just came out. Confirmed Ivor Wynne stadium! =D

EDIT: here's the link for those interested https://youtu.be/78nAlk55VU0

Here's the link for the footage premiere itself, the thumbnail looks INCREDIBLE https://youtu.be/fSXZMFq_Msk
        Last edited by Melvin (That's The Name); 03-26-2023, 04:54 PM.

Comment

The last time someone "announced" footage like this in advance, Pink Floyd management issued a cease and desist order. Discretion seems to be the key.

Comment

The last time someone "announced" footage like this in advance, Pink Floyd management issued a cease and desist order. Discretion seems to be the key.
            WHAT? What footage got a C&D? Is it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Melvin (That's The Name) View Post

The 8mm live Wall project. Very foolish to publicly advertise things like this in advance on YouTube. Now Pink Floyd have a full week to "deal" with this, if they choose to. I guess some people just like the attention.

Comment

Discretion seems to be the key.

That has always been the best way.​
                I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have... very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad...

Comment

Originally posted by nipote View Post

That has always been the best way.​
                  That's what I was thinking. I remember what happened with the last film that was youtube previewed. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Here's the link for the footage premiere itself, the thumbnail looks INCREDIBLE https://youtu.be/fSXZMFq_Msk
                    With some of the footage being in daylight this should really help with picture clarity and the fact that it’s synced up with audio from the same show will make a real difference, knowing that you’re listening to the actual audio being played rather than from another show.

Comment

it was those multiple hours of Wall 8mm, that later got leaked in multiple different versions, and eventually released on Y! in another version... bit of a chaos, but it's all out now

Comment

Originally posted by RoyTagliaferro View Post

it was those multiple hours of Wall 8mm, that later got leaked in multiple different versions, and eventually released on Y! in another version... bit of a chaos, but it's all out now
                        Not the fully restored version.

Comment

Not the fully restored version.
                          what exactly do you mean "not the fully restored version"

I know of the "June 2021" version (the one that was supposed to be released)
                          Isn't that the fully restored one? I hope it isn't because it is honestly quite horrible

Comment

AFAIK, it's still being worked on.

Comment

Oh man exciting! If it wasn't for the horrid Moog sound Rick used that tour would be a great one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
                                Ivor Wynne is one of my favorite 75 rendition of Shine On, then Boston 75 and above all L.A 1975 (for the "wet" sound).
                                David Gilmour had a different style/approach for Shine On (suite) : razor sharp, bluesy...

This youtube trailer looks amazing. If there is 30 mn of footage (from what I read from RonToon) and songs are not cut here and there this could be totally midblowing. So
                                The film is mind blowing, it’s one of the best 8mm I ever worked on, but …. don’t expect full songs. That’s 8mm with all its limitations. Speedy captured some of the best parts of the show though. It’s very well filmed, no out focus parts.
                                The film was edited on one 400ft reel by speedy and it’s almost 28min long.
                                For the anecdote, the film was lost (but known by Rob) and after some researches it was found mislabelled ! Sadly, some of his films are still missing, like his Genesis 1975 lamb tour film….

Comment

• Rupert Pupkin
                                  Rupert Pupkin commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  yes; sure I don't expect the complete song, but some parts of it.
                                  The Atlanta 73 show that David Gilmour was on keyboard not far away from Rick Wright during the Great Gig In The Sky (something Nick Mason confirmed later); something we couldn't tell during the 73 tour. I guess David started with lap-steel and went near the keyboard "era" after the lap-steel intro. After all David played on stage "Out Of The Blue".
                                  There is also the "Jack Nicholson"-eye-contact smile with one of the chorist by Mr Gilmour while soloing "Time".
                              Working...
                              X