Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PINK FLOYD 1975 PROMO (8mm FOOTAGE COMING)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PINK FLOYD 1975 PROMO (8mm FOOTAGE COMING)

PINK FLOYD 1975 PROMO.

More information about the show will be released March 26th 2023 at 12:30 Est. Video released on April 2nd.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X2AmwB...ature=youtu.be

Outstanding! Thanks for the heads up.
    Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Apparently 30 minutes of 4k video synced with audio!

Comment

You know, the 1975 shows tend to take a beating around here. But honestly, I absolutely adore them. IMHO, the set 1 lineup would have made an amazing album... certainly better than Animals, not certain on WYWH, but I really loved the flow. And the alternate Animals tracks were, in my mind, superior to the eventual end product after Roger decided to infuse them with additional bile.

I can't wait to check this out!
        Last edited by aybesea; 03-24-2023, 08:27 PM.
        Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

Unbelievable... wow...

Comment

Originally posted by aybesea View Post
            YAnd the alternate Animals tracks were, in my mind, superior to the eventual end product after Roger decided to infuse them with additional bile.
            I have to disagree with all that as much as I love the 1975 shows and first set.

Comment

• aybesea
              aybesea commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah... well, you're not the first to say so ;-)

I think a lot of my bias comes from two things:

1) My first PF show was Detroit '75
              2) One of my first PF boots was Echoes in the Gardens

So, I kind of OD'ed on this stuff in my wee years. Then I found Meddle, Ummagumma & the BBC shows.
              Last edited by aybesea; 03-24-2023, 08:32 PM.

Saw some samples. Outstanding. The best never saw (for this era)

Comment

I am stoked!!

Comment

Originally posted by aybesea View Post
                You know, the 1975 shows tend to take a beating around here. But honestly, I absolutely adore them. IMHO, the set 1 lineup would have made an amazing album... certainly better than Animals, not certain on WYWH, but I really loved the flow. And the alternate Animals tracks were, in my mind, superior to the eventual end product after Roger decided to infuse them with additional bile.

I can't wait to check this out!
                I agree. First off, 1975 is 100% Gilmour on guitar and he has some nice echo and reverb to do his thing whereas 1977 is a drier sound, sloppier, and often involves a second guitarist.

Comment

Thats cool 75 is a good era still experimenting

Comment

Originally posted by swanlee View Post
                    Thats cool 75 is a good era still experimenting
                    Agreed! The last year they were still working out new material on the road. Plus "Ivor Wynne" was one of my first and favoritest vinyl boots. (Still have no idea what that is behind the sheep. A bird? A plane? Superman?)Ivor Wynne I obsessed over those near-indecipherable GBC and R&D lyrics and was so excited to find them printed in The Amazing Pudding. Anyway. Thanks for the tip Ron. Obviously really looking forward to this!

Comment

Ivor Wynne is one of my favorite 75 rendition of Shine On, then Boston 75 and above all L.A 1975 (for the "wet" sound).
                      David Gilmour had a different style/approach for Shine On (suite) : razor sharp, bluesy...

This youtube trailer looks amazing. If there is 30 mn of footage (from what I read from RonToon) and songs are not cut here and there this could be totally midblowing. So far, the best 8mm footage I have ever seen was the Atlanta 73, which has some amazing close-up, as good as a pro-shot (and some great restoration work and synch with another show (was it Boston 73?)
                      David Gilmour's black Strat has some great HD details, same for Nick Mason and his Hosukai wave drumkit. I can't wait to see the whole footage. I don't remember a 75 footage with such quality.
                      Will this stream first on youtube, then share it here with some external download link ?

Comment

Hot damn, this will be fantastic!

Comment

Well that looks superb. A proper 50th anniversary celebration (yes, I know it’s from 75). Thanks so much

Comment

Well, that was something nice to wake up to. One of my earliest boot tapes was Pigs, Wishes & Moons, along with Ivor Wynne, so I've got a bit of a soft spot for '75 :-)

Comment

Working...
                            X