Pink Floyd Gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pink Floyd Gear?

Has there been a book on the gear used by the band throughout their history? Andy Babiuk did a couple of excellent books on the Beatles' gear and the Stones' gear, and there was also one on the Grateful Dead's gear. I daresay there have been others but I don't recall ever seeing one for the Floyd. Just askin' for a friend ;-)

Originally posted by Simond View Post
    Has there been a book on the gear used by the band throughout their history? Andy Babiuk did a couple of excellent books on the Beatles' gear and the Stones' gear, and there was also one on the Grateful Dead's gear. I daresay there have been others but I don't recall ever seeing one for the Floyd. Just askin' for a friend ;-)
    There's The Black Strat book obviously, various The Wall books (more on the show production than equipment) and I suppose Their Mortal Remains tome. Any others with any real discussion on equipment?
    What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
    PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
    Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
    Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
    Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

It's not a book, but you'd have to try quite hard to beat Kit Rae's splendid Tone Building site for David Gilmour's equipment.

Comment

• MrFender
        MrFender commented
        Editing a comment
        And Gilmourish.com as well.

Info on Rick's gear: http://sparebricks.fika.org/sbzine28...ear-rev156.pdf

Comment

Seconding Gilmourish as well. The site just relaunched recently.
        Favorite Bootlegs: Santa Monica - 5/1/1970, Brescia - 06/19/1971, Los Angeles - 09/22/1972, Boston - 06/18/1975, NYC - 07/02/1977

Comment

there's also http://www.watersish.com for Rog's stuff

Comment

Working...
          X