Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time (edit - 2023 master)

https://music.apple.com/us/album/tim...gle/1676982383

Released just a few days ago. Is this the best they can do on the 50th Anniversary? Ugh.

Isn't that the original US single release? If I am correct that one also had the butchered solo

Comment

I refuse to buy it but the sample on iTunes has the beginning of the butchered solo. No thanks.

Comment

It's a recreation of the single edit from 1973. Why, I have no idea.
        Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
        Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
        Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
        Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

I don't get the hate against the re-release of these old 7" edits. Yeah, they are notoriously poor. But isn't it just interesting to be able to hear them today? I think it's great that they are making them available for streaming, so I don't need to buy the singles to hear them.

The hate should be against the US section of Harvest, who released these butchered edits and sold them to people in the 70s in the first place.

The 50th anniversary box set does not interest me the slightest. I won't pay the absurd sum they are demanding for a bunch of music I already have.
          i already have Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl - and a very good-sounding analog pressing (one of the best in my collection) as well. I already have the Wembley performance of Dark Side as part of the Experience version, and if I want this release on vinyl the standalone release is a better deal than buying this box for it. However, I think I will be boycotting any new releases containing parts of the Wembley 1974 concert until they release the whole concert in one package - why can't they do that? I don't have the surround mix of Dark Side, but I don't have a surround system either, so it doesn't matter. Do I have the singles? No, and I'm not willing to buy this expensive box set just to get those terrible single edits. If I wanted them one day, it would be a lot cheaper to buy an original copy on Discogs anyway. And the collectables in the box? Well, the Immersion box set contained all the musical content that the new box does (except the singles) and more of both audio and video content: demos, several live recordings, screen films, even some live footage etc. It also contained the same and more material collectables as well as far as I know. So I think I'm saving my money for that one. It's getting pretty expensive (oh, how much I regret buying only the Experience version back in 2011!), but it's a bargain compared to the new box because it contained so much more content.

The 50th anniversary box is a joke. I'm looking more forward to Roger's reinterpretation, to be honest. That is at least something new that will be very exciting to hear, although I have no idea if I am going to like it or not. At least Roger wants to give us something new, while David and Nick are trying to cash in by reprinting things with a severely inflated price that I can't understand why the hell they are demanding. As far as I remember, the Immersion box set cost less new than this new box, yet there is no doubt which of those who was best value for money.

Comment

• BlacknTan
            BlacknTan commented
            Editing a comment
            If I recall correctly, Nick has stated his opinion that Roger's take on DSotM is very good.

I don't even think Nick had much to do with this release, or much of anything else. From how I understand it, he's too busy touring with Saurcerful or doing whatever he does with race cars. The remix work itself is fantastic, but I expect nothing less from James Guthrie. There's a good reason he's still the go to guy after all these years. Also, the release of the Wembley album is just sad. They could have at least given us Echoes.
          Picture a courthouse with no fucking laws!
          Picture a cathouse with no fucking whores!
          Picture a shithouse with no fucking drains!
          Picture a leader with no fucking brains!

Comment

Working...
          X