You and me both.

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post

You and me both.
      And it's wonderful

Comment

Originally posted by rontoon View Post

You and me both.
        And that's probably originated from me, LOL. I supplied that file to JWB so he used it for "Black Holes..." bootleg. It's also on recent HYGIY from 2021. But both are processed of course.

Comment

The issue with the speed was discussed on Y! a few years ago:

https://ravinganddrooling.com/forum/...ge3#post222913
          ​​​
          Apparently for the track to be brought to concert pitch, the correct length is 15m 3s.

It also mentions 'The Syd Barret Tapes' as a source for the tape copy, and there's some discussion of the distortion on the recording as to whether it could be cleaned up in some way - apparently the answer is yes. That would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by marksturdy View Post

​​​
            Apparently for the track to be brought to concert pitch, the correct length is 15m 3s.

It also mentions 'The Syd Barret Tapes' as a source for the tape copy, and there's some discussion of the distortion on the recording as to whether it could be cleaned up in some way - apparently the answer is yes. That would be nice.
            The distortion seems to be from Ricks keyboards, wonder what happened with that while recording?

Comment

Originally posted by Hallucalation View Post

And that's probably originated from me, LOL. I supplied that file to JWB so he used it for "Black Holes..." bootleg. It's also on recent HYGIY from 2021. But both are processed of course.
              And thank you for this file, Eugene

Comment

Originally posted by marksturdy View Post

​​​
                Syd Barrett Tapes and Black Holes are mastered by the same guy. There's only one source for that tape.

Comment

So the best sources that are circulating are Syd Barrett Tapes & Black Holes In The Vault? Still a bit lost as to why those are both too fast (I think) if they aren't sourced from VHS, assuming 15:35 is the right length. Help?

Comment

Originally posted by CanadaMike View Post
                    assuming 15:35 is the right length. Help?
                    15:35 is the length of true "Stern copy" file and it is really the right length

Comment

Has a version of this track at the "stern-copy" speed been shared before? I'm assuming the Stern-Copy has not been shared widely.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadaMike View Post
                        Has a version of this track at the "stern-copy" speed been shared before? I'm assuming the Stern-Copy has not been shared widely.
                        sure - only a few lucky own it - still​

Comment

So any version of this should be speed corrected to around 15:30?

Comment

Depe what your goal is. If you want it to run at the same speed as the transfer of Stern's master that circulates, it should be 15m 35s. If you want the music at the same pitch it was likely played at, it should be 15m 3s.

I don't know what the reason for the discrepancy would be.

Comment

• rontoon
                              rontoon commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Don't forget that the Stern copy has 5 seconds of silence at the end.
                              The actual running time for the music is 15:30. Pitch correction can easily be applied independent of time changes if needed.
                          Working...
                          X