Abbey Road Studios Dark Side Session Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbey Road Studios Dark Side Session Sheet

Further to last year's overpriced reproduction EMI tape box offer, we can now buy a piece of paper for £50.

https://shop.abbeyroad.com/*/Pink-Fl...er_id=29338776

And you can be sure there will be people willing to pay that much for what is essentially a color photocopy. There are some insane collectors that buy just anything.

Granted, it is printed on very high quality archival artist paper, which is a far better material than the paper used in the original. The paper alone can cost a couple of dollars.

But still.... The contents of the paper aren't even that interesting or revelatory.

And apparently they still have copies of the "tape box folio" https://shop.abbeyroad.com/Books-Art...wo/7BHJ00001R9
    Weren't those sold out last year, or am I misremembering?

Comment

I'm sorry, I know we love PF, but this is absolutely shameless.
      Off surfing with Linda, of course...

Comment

• Booster
        Booster commented
        Editing a comment
        You mean to tell me you HAVEN'T bought the £32 Bucket Hat ready for the summer? ;-)

Another band once said "All you need is cash!".
      What's great about America is that everybody has an opinion.... But what's also great, you don't have to listen to 'em. - Dennis Green

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
      PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
      Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
      Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
      Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

Originally posted by aybesea View Post
        I'm sorry, I know we love PF, but this is absolutely shameless.
        But it's Abbey Road flogging these, not Floyd. It looks to me like PF's only involvement in this is in not vetoing it outright. Though some may argue that they should if they wanted to retain any semblance of integrity, I guess.

Comment

Makes you wonder if they have some sort of exclusion list of things they won’t allow, but anything else is fair game. I wonder if they even see this or if the proceeds get lumped in with the proceeds of t-shirts and other stuff with a Pink Floyd logo.

EDIT: never mind, they are definitely aware. They just tweeted a pic of the Abbey Road gift shop with that empty box for sale.

https://twitter.com/pinkfloyd/status...0l8FWcPIgFCQrA
          Last edited by DaveTheRave; 03-02-2023, 03:33 PM.

Comment

I noticed on the sheet that there's a microphone set up for Acoustic Guitar. I wonder what song they were working on there.

Comment

Originally posted by newyorkpf View Post
              I noticed on the sheet that there's a microphone set up for Acoustic Guitar. I wonder what song they were working on there.
              According to Glenn Povey's book, they were working on Eclipse Part 1 (Breathe) during that session

Comment

Working...
              X