Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh by the Way animated box explorer ‐ Does anyone remember?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh by the Way animated box explorer ‐ Does anyone remember?

I was feeling nostalgic, so thought I'd share what was my first proper intro to the Floyd discography, the Oh by the Way virtual box explorer, which is sadly now defunct.

Thankfully, our beloved Nipote preserved it in a YouTube video. As someone who'd only heard The Wall before, it was such a thrilling and eye-opening experience to hear all these totally diverse and unexpected facets of their works revealed. From the first notes of "Interstellar," I knew I was hooked!

So for anyone else feeling nostalgic or simply curious, here is the video of what it looked like. Many thanks Nipote for saving this little bit of history!
    Last edited by tezeta; 02-26-2023, 10:57 PM.

I spent quite some time on Pink Floyd's website enjoying that back on the day!! Thanks for the video. It is a nice reminder of how great that campaign was. I believe the company that designed it was called Bluish (or Blueish). They also designed the Echoes The Best Of and the Dark Side of the Moon 30th anniversary websites which also were a delightful experience to browse.

Comment

upps video deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Jose_Floydian View Post
        upps video deleted
        Deleted? I can still watch in on Youtube.
        But if for some reason you can't access it, here's a shorter version of it on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/3158513

Comment

Working...
        X