IEM recordings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IEM recordings

Any Possibility to have IEM recordings from David’s tour this year ? Like 2016???

Originally posted by Glco8284 View Post
    Any Possibility to have IEM recordings from David’s tour this year ? Like 2016???
    They exist, but those that tape them absolutely refuse to share them in any full capacity. Only select songs or segments. Sadly this is still a thing after 50 years.

Same thing happened with Roger's most recent tour.
    - The Pink Floyd Research Group -

Comment

I remember with Gilmour’s last tour there were a few with audience source mixed . From Hollywood bowl

Comment

The IEM tapers are a different breed for sure. I tried years ago to check it out and just got stonewalled at every turn when asking basic questions.
        For every mile of road, there's two miles of ditch. Three if you're on the Interstate. - Derek Bieri, Vice Grip Garage

PF - April 18, 1988, Denver
        PF - June 22, 1994, Minneapolis
        Rog - July 16, 2017, Atlanta (Taped)
        Rog - Aug 20, 2022, Atlanta (Taped)
        Nick - March 29, 2019, Atlanta (Taped)

Comment

While I haven't gotten to try it yet, I know from some of my friends that it's easy to record IEM feeds using software-defined radios (they do it a lot at local acts). Most of them are little USB dongles that you can plug into a phone. Use an app to find the correct frequency, and boom: a fair-quality IEM (most SDR applications can record lossless audio as well).

An entry level kit complete with antennae costs around $40 USD on Amazon right now. This is the one I bought recently: https://a.co/d/bPJaqRa

If you use the small antenna (which is all you need for the higher FM frequencies like IEM feeds), you can pretty easily sneak the thing in if you know what you're doing (I would assume they don't fare well with metal detectors, though).
          "If I participate in this f**king effort, I hope I'm going to get my gold disc at the end of it. Imagine that!"

Comment

Working...
          X