No announcement yet.

project/idea : doing an instrumental version of King Crimson's Islands album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

project/idea : doing an instrumental version of King Crimson's Islands album

Hi folks,

Well, it turned out that after the years... "In The Court of the Crimson King", "Red" and his melancholic Starless and daring guitar solo, "Islands" turned out to be my (almost) my favorite King Crimson album.

Not that I don't love the vocals, but I wonder if an instrumental mix of the album could be made using all the Mister Stormy's Monday Selection series.

The hardest thing would be to reconstruct "Islands" (the "song") in its entirety because each volume such as this one has some parts of the song, not the complete song.
    The piano and sax solo is magnificent; IMHO this is the best attempt for a "rock-prog" band to reach the classical music to the level of Maurice Ravel.

King Crimson – Mister Stormy’s Monday Selection Vol. 11 (2023)

CD1:
    01. Exiles – Foldback Mix (6:52)
    02. Did We Make the Album? (10:43)
    03. Solo Scape and Drums (9:13)
    04. Requiem – Alt. Intro (2:38)
    05. The Great Deceiver – Outtakes (10:38)

CD2:
    01. Islands – Instrumental (5:37)
    02. Virtuous Circle – Alt. Vox Mix (7:24)
    03. Fallen Angel – Instrumental (6:28)
    04. Larks’ Tongues in Aspic Part III – Alt. Mix (5:22)
    05. Ladies of the Road – Instrumental (5:55)
    06. Elephant Talk – Stick, Drums and Vocal Mix (4:48)
    07. People – Adrian and Robert Mix (6:05)

Any help or suggestion would be really appreciated in order to help me to figure out if this is possible to do a pure instrumental version of "Islands". And of course there is the blu-ray/box set.​

Probably not that hard to do now - on the site "mvsep.com" choose the latest "BS Roformer" algorithm, and it'll split the source track into the instumental and the vocals, in a quite precise manner.

Comment

Working...
    X